|Summary||An apathetic individual who just wants to stay alive|
|Has Night Ability?||Yes|
|Abilities||Use a Bulletproof Vest (number received based on host settings), protecting the Survivor from being killed at night.|
The Survivor is a Neutral Benign role with a goal of surviving until the end of the game. It does not matter who the Survivor wins with -- he can win by himself or with any combination of other factions. The Survivor simply cannot die, either by lynch or night kill.
In order to help him achieve this goal, the Survivor receives a certain number of bulletproof vests (the number varies depending on how the host has set up the game) which will provide him with night immunity so that he can survive being attacked.
Because of the Survivor's goal, he is a wild card of a role, whose allegiance may shift throughout a game depending on whether the Town or Mafia / Triad is winning. For this reason, many players are wary of a Survivor and may advocate for a lynch in the fear that the Survivor may ultimately side with the Mafia / Triad out of self-preservation if the Town is not doing well.
- A distinct advantage over Citizens is that the Survivor can choose which faction to support and change his mind at any time and for any reason.
- To this end, simply biding your time and siding with the strongest faction near the end is a good way to win.
- Whether and when a Survivor should reveal his role to the Town is a topic of frequent debate.
- Some players believe that a Survivor should publicly claim his role ASAP. Their logic is that no one (Town, Mafia / Triad, or Neutrals) should see the Survivor as a significant threat.
- However, the Town sometimes chooses to lynch the Survivor if no other leads are available, for fear the Survivor may betray them later on. Admittedly, this is often a very real concern given the Mafia / Triad can threaten to kill a non-compliant Survivor in order to force him to side with them.
- In addition, some players find an excessively early Survivor reveal to be a cheap way of ensuring a Survivor's survival. Therefore, they may advocate for a lynch based on this fact alone.
- Another major question for Survivors is when they should use their bulletproof vests.
- Using your bulletproof vests too early means you may run out of them before the end of the game when the odds of being attacked are potentially greater (due to there being less players alive in the game).
- However, waiting too long to use your bulletproof vests leaves you susceptible to being randomly killed at the beginning of the game.
- Overall, it is probably prudent to use your bulletproof vests sooner rather than later. Player deaths tend to be more random towards the beginning of the game and once everyone knows who the Survivor is, Killing Roles will probably be less likely to target them.
- Number of bulletproof vests 1 - (Default: Off)
- Number of bulletproof vests 2 - (Default: Off)
- Number of bulletproof vests 3 - (Default: On)
- Number of bulletproof vests 4 - (Default: Off)
If all the Number of bulletproof vests options are unchecked, the Survivor will have no vests. This is highly discouraged as a Survivor without vests will have an extremely difficult time meeting his win condition.
- A Survivor wins with all roles at the end of the game. As long as you survive to the end of the game, you win; no matter who is left standing with you.
- A bulletproof vest will block multiple kills (except if the Arsonist's ability to pierce night immunity is enabled).
- Given the comparative difficult of winning as a Survivor, he receives bonus points at the end of the game.
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Actress, Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Diva, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Poisoner, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|