|Summary||429 - "White Curtain" - A skulking predator armed with a camera and secret recording equipment.|
|Goal||Kill off the Town and everyone else who would oppose you.|
|Has Night Ability?||Yes|
The Silencer can be a very powerful asset to the Triad, because he can stop one person from talking during the day once per day. The Town relies on communication to deduce who is Triad, so the ability to stop that communication should be feared.
- Blackmailing players acting suspicious may get the Town to lynch them.
- Avoid getting the Witch killed if possible.
- If an Investigator or Sheriff is silenced before they can reveal, they may try to get an evil role lynched by voting for them multiple times (this is unlikely to work with Secret Ballot). To head the Town off from discovering the investigating role early, it may be wise to suggest they are an Executioner so the Town doesn't give them momentum.
- Even after an Investigator reveals his role to the Town, it is very easy to slow him down through blackmailing him since he doesn't necessarily know who is Triad and can't tell the Town what information he's found.
- Blackmailing a Jailor may be advantageous because he would not be able to relay information to the Town.
- Advanced strategy: If you have a Forger in play, have him frame the same person that is blackmailed so they seem doubly suspicious.
- Finding a Mayor early before he reveals can be a winning factor for the Triad, since a silenced Mayor CANNOT -vote and reveal that following day. This is one of the most strongest features that a Silencer can bring into the game, completely shutting down one role entirely. This is only a vital plan to play out if it's late game and the Mayor has not yet revealed, preventing him from solo-voting an obvious Triad role to the stand. Or, in rare occasions, where a Dragon Head is not immune to detection and and Investigator reveals a Mayor and for some odd reason he does not reveal that day, silencing him can lead to Town lynching off the Mayor.
- This strategy works similarly to a Marshall.
- Becomes Enforcer if alone - (Default = On)
- Silenced person can talk during trial - (Default = Off)
- When playing against the Silencer, try to communicate that you are silenced. With more advanced players, frequently voting to lynch someone and then cancelling that vote is a good way to signal. Experienced players will work out a communication system with yes-no questions after that.
- Players targeted by the Silencer may speak their last words.
- Even if the Silencer dies, his target will still be blackmailed, even if it is the Veteran.
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Actress, Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Diva, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Poisoner, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|