|Summary||The leader of the town militia.|
|Goal||Lynch every criminal and evildoer|
|Has Night Ability?||No|
|Abilities||May reveal himself during the day and allow multiple lynches (exact number dependent on host settings) to occur on the same day.|
The Marshall is an important Town Government role that has the ability to confirm himself to the Town and allow for multiple lynches to take place on the same day.
Based on the average day speed in SC2 Mafia games, the Marshall can be a very difficult role for beginners to play well since he needs to receive information from every player, review their roles, and determine based on that information, who are the most likely people to be lying about their claims and thus, the best lynch targets for the day.
Because of the number of lynches that a Marshall
- Activate your ability when you have a list of several suspicious people.
- Use your status as a confirmed Town player (when you activate your ability) to have people give you their roles in a private message. Lynch those who do not cooperate or give role claims that are impossible. Even if you are no longer able to activate group lynches, your status as a confirmed Town player can help Town win the game if you analyze role claims.
- Do not activate your ability if a Judge may be in the game, especially in the late game where the Judge may have the vote power to instantly lynch someone when court is called. The Judge will be able to lynch 2-4 people in one day depending on the settings for Marshall. Attempt to kill the Judge before activating your ability.
- If there is a confirmed Marshall in the game (such as being preplaced in the role list) you can claim you are Marshall. Since no one should be able to counterclaim you unless an Evil/Neutral role lies, you can explain that you are not activating your ability because of the Judge, and begin to collect role claims. This strategy requires an intelligent and experienced Town for it to work, as less experienced Mafia players will have a hard time understanding how you are confirmed as Marshall even though you haven't activated your ability and why you aren't activating it. But, this may make the Judge call court and lynch you regardless.
- Be wary of Jesters when you activate your ability.
- Be on the lookout for silenced players. Since players who are voted will not go to trial when your ability is active, they will have limited ability to reveal that they are unable to speak.
- 1 group execution allowed - (Default: On)
- 2 group executions allowed - (Default: Off)
- 3 executions per group - (Default: On)
- 4 executions per group - (Default: Off)
If both group execution(s) allowed options are unchecked, the game can't start.
If both executions per group options are unchecked, the group lynch count is set to 2.
- Lynched players will only have their roles revealed at the end of the day when all lynchings have finished.
- There can never be both a Marshall and Mayor in a game.
- The only exception is a Setup of the Day when it has preplaced Mayors and Marshalls.
- The music that starts playing after the Marshall reveals is the national anthem of North Korea.
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Actress, Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Diva, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Poisoner, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|