|Summary||You are a Stump.|
|Goal||Lynch every criminal and evildoer|
|Has Night Ability?||No|
The Stump is an Town-aligned inert role who is unable to vote or any perform night action. In the overwhelming majority of Mafia games, you should not encounter or become a Stump, but there are three main ways that a Stump may appear:
- An administrator used his in-game powers to change you into a Stump. Hopefully, this was not the result of some misconduct on your part that warranted this action.
- You have been placed on the Stump-list, likely as a result of repeated role-quitting and you will automatically become a Stump in all of your games until your punishment has ended. Please visit the SC2Mafia.com reports forum for more details about your punishment and the reports made against you that led to this punishment. Please note that being placed on the Stump-list only typically arises after multiple reported and confirmed violations.
- You are an Auditor and have audited yourself, likely due to a Bus Driver switching you with your intended target. Of note, there is an in-game Achievement, "Justice", associated with auditing yourself into a Stump.
Because Stumps cannot vote or take any night action, they are not considered a particularly helpful role to the Town, compared to a Citizen or any other Town role. However, as a Town-aligned role, they will only win the game if the Town wins so they should try to offer any assistance to the Town that they can.
- Don't become a Stump.
- As an Auditor, you can ask a bus driver to switch your next target with yourself if you see the Town about to win the game, so you side with Town and win with them.
- The Stump has no options.
- A Stump can be recruited by a Cultist.
- The Stump is a Town role and as such wins with the Town, regardless of previous faction.
- There is no achievement for winning as a Stump, unlike other roles.
- The Stump was a part of the 2013 April Fools Edition of -Mafia-. All people that are Watch-listed and above were instead Stump-Listed for the duration of the day. They were forced to be a Stump in every single game they joined.
- It now has a semi-official status as a role - with the addition of the Auditor, the Stump can be a natural part of the game.
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Actress, Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Diva, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Poisoner, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|