|Summary||A secret surgeon skilled in trauma care.|
|Goal||Lynch every criminal and evildoer|
|Has Night Ability?||Yes|
|Abilities||Visit someone at night to save them if someone tries to kill them.|
The Doctor is one of the most critical roles to the Town and has the potential to nullify the attempts of killing roles. Every night the Doctor can target a player to heal, and that player will survive if attacked by only one killing role. The Doctor will heal all killing attempts. The efforts of an Arsonist, Vigilante, Godfather or other killing roles will be voided unless a setting says differently (e.g. if the setting is enabled for the Arsonist to burn through a Doctor's heal).
- The most standard way to play a Doctor is to simply protect the most valuable role the Town has at the time. Sheriffs and Investigators should take priority for your heals unless circumstances dictate otherwise, or those roles are dead.
- Playing a Doctor to its maximum potential however is excruciatingly difficult and will either result in a nigh unkillable Town or a Town with very few investigative roles remaining. For example, if a Sheriff has just claimed obviously the Mafia is going to want to take them out, but if they know that a Doctor will surely be protecting them the most logical target for the Mafia is anyone but the Sheriff. Hence the Doctor's logical decision may not be to protect the Sheriff but rather someone else the Mafia may choose to attack. However the Mafia may predict this and attack the Sheriff anyway; but the Doctor might predict this and just protect the Sheriff and so on.
- See Also: WIFOM
- If there is a Bodyguard (if they can be healed) or another Doctor, it can be a good strategy for the two of you to heal/guard each other, as this enables your mutual survival. This is called 'circle healing' Typically, such coordination requires public chat, which means you are unlikely to be attacked at night as the evil roles will not want to waste an attack. However, you are still vulnerable should two killing roles target you simultaneously at night, though this will be unlikely. Some Serial Killers will claim Doctor, which means you will not really be getting healed at night and are thus vulnerable to attack.
- If you are able to co-ordinate this in private messages so other players don't know, you might be able to catch liars by putting the strategy in your last will. If your partner fails to protect you, then he is quite possibly a liar.
- If the appropriate settings are enabled, the Doctor can be critical for preventing the Cult from gaining too much strength. A Doctor may be able to prevent Cultist conversions, or know if the target they are healing has been converted into a Cultist and can consequently have them lynched or eliminated by a Vigilante or Jailor. It can be a good idea to protect the Mayor if there is one in a Cult game, as the voting power of the Mayor can be invaluable against a large Cult. Even if the Mayor cannot be healed in that setting, you will still be able to prevent his Cultist conversion if the appropriate settings are enabled.
- Knows if target is attacked - (Default = On)
- Prevents Cultist conversion - (Default = Off)
- Knows if target is converted - (Default = Off)
- Witch Doctor when converted -(Default = Off)
- A Doctor can only prevent one night attack; if a target is attacked by two attackers two Doctors must heal the target in order for them to survive.
- Many players consider the Doctor to be a boring role. As such, some Doctors resort to trolling to spice up the game for themselves.
- If the appropriate Bodyguard settings are enabled, and you, as Doctor, notice your target was attacked, yet only the Bodyguard was killed in a duel, you might have healed the killing role. That role could have been the evil killing role.
- Role-quitters mainly quit from this role the second most. (Second only to Citizen)
- If a Doctor targets someone that a Mass Murderer targets, the Doctor will die, but his target will always be saved, even if his target stayed at home.
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Actress, Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Diva, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Poisoner, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|