|Summary||432 - "Incense Master" - Proxy for the Mountain (Dragon Master), this Triad member sanitizes those who dare to decline membership.|
|Goal||Kill off the Town and everyone else who would oppose you.|
|Has Night Ability?||Yes|
|Abilities||Sanitize one player each night|
|Investigator||Destruction of property, Trespassing.|
The Incense Master is a potentially amazing role for the Triad, creating confusion amongst the Town and giving affiliates of the Triad multiple believable lies to utilize. The Incense Master has the ability to sanitize a player at night; if the player dies that night then their role (and Last Will) will not be displayed.
- Works best when paired up with an Administrator as the Administrator can detect the roles of the player that the Incense Master sanitizes giving the Triad Roles to claim during a trial that cannot be counter-claimed by any Town players.
- Without an Administrator, Triad members must rely on the sanitized player's Last Will or previous deduction of currently alive roles in order to fully utilize their Janitor.
- If it can be accurately predicted that they will be killed that night, sanitizing a fellow Triad member may prove to be a more strategic option, leading the Town to believe that more Triad are alive than there actually is. This may lead to the Town lynching suspicious players that would otherwise be ignored as from the Town's perspective there is a greater chance of them being a Triad member.
- Depending on the settings, Triad can square up a unique plan when both an Incense Master and an Informant are in play. If an Informant's settings cleans up a victim's corpse, and the Incense Master is limited to the number of charges that can be used, it is generally wise to save your last charge for the night the Informant's night he "jumps", assuring that the town will not be able to simply discover who was lying -- assuming the Informant lied the day previous to his jumping attempt -- and also help prevent Town from figuring out through elimination who was disguised. If the Informant does no clean up the victim's corpse, it may be wise to simply wait and not clean up a single person, and square off the Informant's target with a timely death. For an example: If someone has been throwing the attention and suspicion at a Triad player, but Town has not yet lynched the said Triad player due to good defenses, it would generally be wise to have the Informant kill someone that night, and have the Dragon Head/Enforcer kill the person accusing the Triad member, and clean him up. If by luck the Town members did not realize that Informant does not clean up his target, they will simply assume that person was originally the Informant and was lying the entire time, and thus completely removing any threat of the Triad member being lynched. This plan can easily back-fire, and is only recommended to be done with extreme care and proper coordination. A Spy can quickly destroy this, and get the Informant lynched if they voiced which targets.
- Advanced strategy: Cleaning a fellow member of the Triad, when the Incense Master has limited cleanings, and there is a Spy in play who can see Triad's targets, might clear the cleaned person as a member of the Town because Triad members can't normally target each other. This will not waste a cleaning attempt. Depending on the setup and how seasoned the Spy is, this can work like a charm.
- Becomes Enforcer when alone - (Default: On)
- Limited sanitizes 1 - (Default: Off)
- Limited sanitizes 2 - (Default: On)
- Limited sanitizes 3 - (Default: Off)
If all the Limited sanitizes options are unchecked, the Janitor will have infinite sanitizes available.
- When sanitizing a player the following morning the message "We could not determine the player's role" will appear.
- Removes the Last Will of the sanitized player.
- The Incense Master is not told the role of the sanitized player.
- The Incense Master is told the Last Will of the sanitized player.
- Incense Masters are among the few roles that cannot die to an alert Veteran.
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Actress, Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Diva, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Poisoner, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|