|Summary||The capofamiglia of the town's organized mafia syndicate.|
|Goal||Kill off the Town and everyone else who would oppose you.|
|Has Night Ability?||Yes|
|Abilities||Order to kill, Kill|
When Immune to Detection:
When Immune to Detection:
The Godfather is the most malleable role in Mafia with regards the Host's settings and hence can be the most powerful role or one of the weakest roles depending on the setup's demands. The role has the final say on the Mafia's kill options at night and depending on the settings may also kill like a Mafioso.
- The strategy of the Godfather is mostly dictated by the settings however the ability to control the Mafia regardless is a powerful and unique role. The Godfather is the governing body of the Mafia and essentially has the final say on the overall strategy the Mafia decides to use. (See Also: Mafia Strategies)
- Having a Godfather reveal one of it's Mafia members to the Town is a controversial yet often highly effective strategy. If the Godfather is immune to detection it may be able to gain trust and solidify it's position as a trusted "Town" member.
- Not killing at night deliberately is a risky strategy that can often boast high rewards in a game with Escorts or potentially just waste a night. It may cause an Escort to speak up and out the person they role-blocked as a member of the Mafia, possibly lynching a Town member as well as determining who can block the Mafioso.
- Invulnerable at night - (Default = On)
- Cannot be Role-blocked - (Default = Off)
- Immune to detection - (Default = On)
- Can kill without Mafioso - (Default = On)
- When immune to detection a Godfather will show up as having "no crime"
- When immune to detection a Godfather will show up as inactive to Detectives, unless the Detective's "Ignore detection immunity" option is enabled.
- There can only be one Godfather at a time in a game. (See Unique Roles)
- Consiglieres may become Godfather if the original Godfather dies.
- If there is a Mafioso in play, his death note will be used instead of yours.
- If the Godfather's target is healed by a Doctor, there is no feedback given.
- The Godfather can use -notarget to prevent any Mafioso or Godfather kills (Disguiser or Kidnapper are unaffected). This includes kills suggested through use of the -target command by other members of the Mafia.
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|