|Summary||A loud-mouthed newsreader, working to help the town.|
|Goal||Lynch every criminal and evildoer|
|Has Night Ability?||Yes|
|Abilities||Speak to the entire town at night, anonymously.|
|Investigator||Disturbing the peace.|
The Crier is a Town Government role who has the ability to speak at night to all the players in the game. This ability is unique to the Crier and to the Judge. To the extent there is both a Crier and a Judge in a game, there may be confusion as to who is speaking.
Strategically, a Crier may attempt to inform the Town of useful information they might have missed, or of his opinion on something that may sway votes with the rest of the town knowing the opinion isn't from the Mafia. The Crier can also confirm which player he or she is to the Town, but this may make him the target of the Mafia / Triad or Neutral Killer.
In the hands of an experienced player, the Crier has the ability to rally a Town and get scum roles killed off quickly. The Crier is, however, limited by Town information so even a Mafia veteran have trouble sometimes, while a newbie with a bunch of information might just save the Town. If all else fails, the Crier has the ability to easily clear his name and provide the Town with a self-confirm able town role.
- Because you are the only one speaking at night and to the entire town (other than a possible Judge), it is important you point out key inconsistencies in people's speech during the day that may have been missed in the sea of discussion. From this you can plan actions for the next day.
- If there is also a Judge in the game, a Crier may be able to impersonate the Judge and suggest to the Mafia / Triad / Neutral Killer that they target certain players. This misinformation may be used to help the Town by encouraging scum to kill other scum and not the Crier.
- As another point related to the Judge, the Crier will be able to speak to the Town during the Judge's trial in the same way that the Judge can (as the Court). This allows the Crier to attempt to sway the Town to lynch a target other than the Judge's desired one.
- It is important to suggest who to investigate to the Sheriff and the Investigator as you could give them clues about who you think is suspicious.
- Starting the night broadcast with a simple "Hey there folks, DJ Crier here" can help build trust and create a more adequate atmosphere in order to capture the town's attention towards your insights on the previous day/what should be done the following day.
- Excluded from randoms - (Default: Off)
- The Crier does not speak to only Town roles, but also Mafia roles and Neutral roles.
- If the Judge calls court, the crier also has Court chat, not just the Judge.
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|