|Summary||A counselor to the boss of a crime family.|
|Goal||Kill off the Town and everyone else who would oppose you.|
|Has Night Ability?||Yes|
|Abilities||Investigate one player each night|
The Consigliere is an Investigator affiliated with the Mafia. The role can investigate a target every night to determine crimes pertaining to the target's role or be revealed the role itself depending on the settings.
- The primary strategy for a Consigliere is to determine which players are in possession of investigative roles for the Town, and thus have them killed at night.
- A Consigliere may also choose to act as an Investigator on behalf of the Town. A Consigliere choosing to utilize this strategy must be wary of Sheriffs as they can investigate you and lift your facade.
- If the ability for the Consigliere to detect exact roles is enabled, be sure to act like a normal Investigator if you choose to go public with your results. Even if you know for sure someone may be a Serial Killer, you may inadvertently expose yourself if you are too confident of this fact, as a real Investigator would see the player as either a Doctor or Serial Killer and not be so sure.
- If you have convinced the Town that you are an Investigator, you can use your authority to clear other Mafia when they are detected by the real Town Investigative roles by claiming that must be proof of a Framer. For example, if your fellow Mafia is discovered Night 3, you can claim that you checked him Night 2 and he was clean, so that's evidence of a Framer and your fellow Mafia must be innocent. This information can also throw off the Town into believing there is a Framer when there may not be, thus confusing their attempts to deduce the Mafia.
- Replaces the Godfather - (Default: Off)
- Detects exact role - (Default: Off)
- Becomes Mafioso if alone - (Default: On)
- If the "Replaces the Godfather" option is enabled, the Consigliere will become the new Godfather if the current Godfather dies.
- The target need to have commit a crime before you are able to detect it, which means if someone doesn't commit a night action he will appear to you to have no crime.
When a Consigliere selects a target at night one of the following crimes will be revealed:
|Trespassing||Investigator, Spy, Vigilante, Mason Leader, Detective, Lookout, Mafioso, Godfather, Consigliere, Framer, Janitor, Agent, Beguiler, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Mass Murderer|
|No crime||Citizen, Sheriff, Doctor, Mason, Coroner, Stump, Blackmailer, Survivor, Jester, Witch, Amnesiac, Executioner|
|Corruption||Mayor, Marshall, Auditor, Judge|
|Soliciting||Escort, Mason Leader, Consort, Cultist|
|Murder||Bus Driver, Bodyguard, Vigilante, Jailor, Mason Leader, Veteran, Mafioso, Godfather, Disguiser, Kidnapper, Beguiler, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Mass Murderer|
|Disturbing the peace||Crier, Judge, (Escort), (Consort)|
|Conspiracy||Mason Leader, Cultist, Witch Doctor|
|Destruction of property||Veteran, Janitor, Arsonist, Mass Murderer|
|Escort||Soliciting, (Disturbing the peace)|
|Mason Leader||Trespassing, Murder, Conspiracy, Soliciting|
|Veteran||Murder, Destruction of property|
|Crier||Disturbing the peace|
|Consort||Soliciting, (Disturbing the peace)|
|Janitor||Trespassing, Destruction of property|
|Disguiser||Murder, Identity theft|
|Serial Killer||Trespassing, Murder|
|Arsonist||Trespassing, Murder, Destruction of property, Arson|
|Mass Murderer||Trespassing, Murder, Destruction of property|
|Judge||Corruption, Disturbing the peace|
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|