Order of Night actions
Actions are posted chronologically.
- Jailor detains target
- Bulletproof vests are used
- Target switches and role-blockers
- Killing roles and suicides act simultaneously
- Janitor cleans a target
- Disguiser replaces his target if the kill was successful
Mechanics sequence relevant and directly dictated by Dark Revenant as of June 1, 2011
Three Days of Peace
If no player dies for the duration of three consecutive nights the Day Type changes to secret ballot. In the case of a tie in votes the game will give the players a short amount of time to vote anew. This attempt to break the tie in votes repeats a set number of times (5?) after which a tiebreaker formula is executed:
- If the Town outnumbers the Mafia then the Town wins
- If the Mafia have equal or greater numbers to the Town then the Mafia Wins
- If the Neutral pairings have equal or greater numbers than the Town then the Neutrals will win
- If one faction outnumbers different Neutrals, then that faction will win.
(This tie breaker doesn't work in a Serial Killer vs Arsonist vs Mass Murderer if the Serial Killer wins ties over the Arsonist).
One Versus One
When the game comes down to a one versus one scenario (at the start of a day, not after a lynch) the game is automatically concluded with the roles winning in the following order:
- Serial Killer
- Mass Murderer
- Witch/Judge (also wins with above factions)
- If all four of these roles meet their objectives, and none of the above factions are left alive, then this is the priority of the endings:
Random Role Constraints
Some of the information in this section still need confirmation.
Certain roles cannot be rolled from randoms in situations in which they would have no effect on the game. These roles include:
- Coroner will only spawn from randoms if one or more of these conditions are true: 
- Mason... ?
- There can only be one Godfather alive at any one time.
- There can only be one Mason Leader alive at any one time.
- There can only be one Witch Doctor.
- There can only be one Crier.
- There can only be one Mayor.
- There can only be one Marshall.
- There can only be one Judge.
- There can not be both the Mayor and the Marshall in the same game unless forced to by setup.
- This is because they are in the same unique category.
The Town Government random category has the chance of having no roles possible. This can happen because almost all roles in Town Government are Unique roles, and the rest have an option making it possible to exclude them from from the randoms. In this case the Town Government will instead default to Citizen even if Citizen is excluded from Town Government.
Due to this, it is advised to keep Town Government randoms to a minimum, unless wanting Citizens.
- "Town Government: Exclude Citizen" is ON
- "Mason Leader: Excluded from randoms" is ON
- "Crier: Excluded from randoms" is ON
- Mayor or Marshall
- Town Government
Depending on how many people die during the night, a message will be shown.
- 1: One of us did not survive the night.
- 2-3: Some of us did not survive the night.
- 4-5: Many of us perished last night.
- 6-7: A mass quantity of people died last night.
- 8-9: Most of the entire town was wiped out last night.
- 10-11: A veritable Armageddon decimated the town last night.
- 12-13: Literally the entire town was obliterated last night.
- 14+: Your setup is shit.
If the Night Type is either Death Descriptions or Night Sequence, these messages will show to describe who or what may have killed each victim at sunrise.
- He/she was incinerated.
- He/She was burnt to death.
- He/She was killed in a fire.
- He/She was killed by Asphyxation.
- He/She was killed in a duel.
- He/She was slain in a shootout.
- He/She was run over by a bus.
- He/She was executed in a jail cell.
- Jester Grief Suicide:
- He/She apparently shot herself. His/Her suicide note expressed grief and guilt over the Jester's death.
- He/She was shot at close range.
- He/She was also riddled with bullets at close range.
- There were signs of struggle. He/she was shot at close range.
- There were signs of struggle. He/She was also riddled with bullets at close range.
- There were signs of struggle. His/Her body was battered and had multiple bone fractures. He/She was shot at close range.
- His/Her body had bruises and minor fractures. He/she was shot at close range.
- His/Her body had bruises and minor fractures. He/She was also riddled with bullets at close range.
- He/She was bludgeoned to death.
- He/She was beaten to a pulp with a blunt object.
- His/Her body had bruises and minor fractures. He/She was bludgeoned to death.
- His/Her body had bruises and minor fractures. He/She was beaten to a pulp with a blunt object.
- He/She was completely eviscerated.
- He/She died horribly to chainsaw wounds.
- He/She was torn to pieces with a chainsaw.
- He/She became an unrecognizable pile of gore.
- His/Her entrails were strewn about the house.
- He/She had multiple stab wounds.
- There were signs of a struggle. He/She had multiple stab wounds.
- He/She had bruises and some bone fractures. He/She had multiple stab wounds.
- His/Her body was severely battered with many broken bones. He/She had multiple stab wounds.
- He/She was killed with a military-grade assault rifle.
- He/She had multiple wounds from a fragmentation grenade. He/She was killed with a military-grade assault rifle.
- He/She was shot by a high-caliber gun.
- He/She was ripped apart with several rounds from a high-caliber gun.
- His/Her body had bruises and minor fractures. He was shot by a high-caliber gun.
- His/Her body was severely battered with many broken bones. He/She was shot by a high-caliber gun.
- Witch Suicide:
- There were signs of struggle, but he/she apparently committed suicide.
- There were signs of struggle, but he/she apparently killed himself/herself.
- There were signs of struggle, but he/she apparently shot himself/herself.
- He/She apparently committed suicide.
- Leaver Suicide:
- (name) committed suicide.
- AFK Suicide:
- He/She apparently had a heart attack and died.
- Administrator Kick:
- He/She was struck by lightning.
Russian Roulette Mini-game
Mafia features a Russian Roulette mini-game that players can partake it upon dying during the actual game.
- The game begins by having one player type -roulette in the graveyard chat
- By typing -roulette # # players you can set a minimum bet and number of chambers in the revolver, respectively
- Other players can then join the game by subsequently typing -join
- Players can also type -observe to observe the game
- Players can then bet points on the game by typing -bet #
- At the end of betting, the bets are normalized so no one player bets more points than the other players combined. Therefore, a 1v1 game will always result in both players betting equal amounts.
- The game is a standard game of Russian Roulette with a six-barrel revolver (unless changed in the settings) and one bullet
- Once a player has been killed the surviving players split the points bet by that player between them
- Players who bet more points receive more winnings
- Players who pulled the trigger multiple times consecutively during play receive more winnings.
- If the game of Mafia comes to a conclusion during a game of Russian Roulette the game will NOT be aborted.
- Bets are silently removed at the beginning of the game and are given back at the end; leaving when you know your odds are bad (50% or 100% to die) will still make you lose the points you bet.