|Summary||A pyromaniac who only wants to see the world burn.|
|Goal||Be the last person left alive|
|Has Night Ability?||Yes|
|Abilities||Either douse a person in gasoline or kill all previously doused targets at night. May also undouse himself by taking no action.|
|Categories||Neutral Evil, Neutral Killing|
|Sheriff||Arsonist (or Not Suspicious)|
|Investigator||Murder, Arson, Destruction of property, Trespassing.|
The Arsonist is one of most deadly roles in the game when left unchecked for an extended period of time. The role has the ability to douse a target in gasoline. A later night he can ignite all his doused targets, killing them.
- The longer the Arsonist waits to attack, the more deadly the attack will become. It is often best to wait as long as possible before attacking, but every day you'll be gambling that your doused targets won't die at night and that the Town won't lynch you.
- Ignition kills victim's targets - (Default: On)
- Ignition always kills - (Default: On)
- Invulnerable at night - (Default: On)
- Victim knows he is doused - (Default: On)
- Douses roleblockers - (Default: On)
- If there are multiple Arsonists in the game when one Arsonist ignites it will burn the players doused by both Arsonists.
- If the Arsonist performs no action at night it will undouse the Arsonist if he is doused.
- The Witch cannot stop the Arsonist from igniting his targets. However, it can cause the Arsonist to ignite despite that it is dousing someone. This is caused by making the Arsonist target himself.
- If the Arsonist gets doused, he will receive a message telling him so even if the "targets are informed they are doused" option is off.
- However, if the Arsonist becomes a Cultist, he will never know if he ever gets doused after the conversion. Furthermore, he loses his ability to undouse himself.
- Multiple Arsonists can win together.
- If an Arsonist is attempting to undouse himself and he is bus driven the night he undouses himself, the person he is switched with will be undoused instead of the Arsonist.
- As opposed to other roles that give the feedback of just the night's role results, the Arsonist will always know the specific person they doused, even if their target was changed.
- If an Arsonist eliminates all but one other player, the Arsonist will still win (unless that player is a Serial Killer and settings allow Serial Killer to win over Arsonist in a tie game).
- See: One Versus One Mechanics.
- Below is an image of the Solo Arsonist win screen:
|Town||Bodyguard, Bus Driver, Citizen, Coroner, Crier, Detective, Doctor, Escort, Investigator, Jailor, Lookout, Marshall, Mason, Mason Leader, Mayor, Sheriff, Spy, Stump, Veteran, Vigilante|
|Mafia||Agent, Beguiler, Blackmailer, Consigliere, Consort, Disguiser, Framer, Godfather, Janitor, Kidnapper, Mafioso|
|Triad||Administrator, Deceiver, Dragon Head, Enforcer, Forger, Incense Master, Informant, Interrogator, Liaison, Silencer, Vanguard|
|Neutral||Amnesiac, Arsonist, Auditor, Cultist, Executioner, Jester, Judge, Mass Murderer, Scumbag, Serial Killer, Survivor, Witch, Witch Doctor|