I'm Spartacus Game Thread - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: I'm Spartacus Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    Ty, that helps me feel better moving you to my town reads. Considering that I was voting you yesterday, the little interactions you had with gikkle at the start of the day are the few posts gikkle had before he died. I think scum trying to frame you for gikkles death. (Glares at my top pick)
    Would not be surprised tbh.

Only other person I've played 10+ games with here is Oliverz.

Otherwise I think I only played with power in krc
    I write lore

2. ISO #252

3. ISO #253

This post is maturing like fine wine.
    Your latest posts SJ has to be the lazyest reads you could have given... And terrible reason for town slotting me.
    I expect way more from you. Unless you make serious changes, I'll be joining in on you. You have until morning to convince me otherwise since that's probably when I'll be last online for the day.

POD still hasn't gotten out of my bottom read, he literally was the only one I wasn't going to accept asking why gikkle died, POD was in both previous games with him and would have known that gikkle could have taken over the role of town leader and was a threat metawise.

Oliver is my 3rd choice simply because of his utter lack of effort in this game but it's what I'd expect from him regardless of his alignment.... Just process of elimination has him in bottom 3.
    idk I dont remember gikkle ever wowing me that much

4. ISO #254

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

7. ISO #257

8. ISO #258

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    There is a world where the team is Nightbringer/PoD and that's why PoD is annoyed with me creating a tie yesterday and Nightbringer's PoD push this SoD is distancing in case Nightbringer dies today.
    I am disappointed that nobody has commented on this tbh

Obviously PoD and Nightbringer are exempt but I was hoping for some engagement beyond "hello I'm here to make ten posts have some throwaway reads"

If I die please remember this post and consider this world

It fits entirely with the vote movements of PoD saying they don't want to kill a claimed Spartacus D1, sitting on a vanitiy wagon but then killing Brendan anyway after I tie Nightbringer.

9. ISO #259

10. ISO #260

I understand that Nightbringer needs to vote now bc they said they can't be at EoD, but please everybody keep in mind that this is one vote away from majority and I'd rather not end the day early
    Yes, I'd prefer that clause 1a not be too much of a factor for a certain someone so closer to end of day time is preferable.

11. ISO #261

I'd much rather see you make one
    Hey, thats not how it works!!!

yeah sure

Olli, Ewian, in the scenario where Brendan was a wolf, who was his most likely partner in your opinion?

and if Brendan was town, which one of his four voters is a wolf?
    If Brendan was wolf, then probably nobody on his wagon was wolf tbh. It would probably be SJ or somebody from the nightbringer wagon (even tho i like to think that nightbringer was W and Brendan was T and that that is how the EOD played out...)

If Brendan was town, i think it could be anybody... but the nightbringer Wagon, thats where the cool kids are <3

Yeah all those wifom wagonomics what ifs are making me dizzy... I dont like flipless

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I AM HERE, I EXIST
    My apologies for vanishing into thin air for so long lol, I had a very fun but very busy day.

From EoD1:

According to this, you should have been all over PoD, burying him in a solid push, considering at that point in the game, he had done nothing else, barring some very recent "I don't wanna lynch Brendan". Nightbringer, on the other hand, provided reads and tried to generate discussion - which is not at all outside of what I estimate his scum range to be, for the record -, which makes this point a little strange.
    I don't get what the intended meaning of this line is.

Note that I'm not accusing you of being scum; on the contrary, I'm actually tempted to say this strange attempt at reading is genuine, due to its sheer lack of ability to convince anybody lol. I doubt you'd even believe this would allow you to gain any traction whatsoever as scum.
    Actually, scratch that. I went to check the EoD1 votecount and saw how close it was with Brendan. There is a rather significant possibility that you tried to justify your vote on the counterwagon with a (bad) explanation in a scum!Brendan world.
    That said, I'm keeping the first idea around as well, because if you are indeed scum shielding your partner Brendan, you're already pretty much screwed and can be dealt with later so I'm strategically saying I like you for now because I believe we should act as if Brendan were town, no matter what he actually was, and adjust if the game doesn't end upon the Legionnaire flipping.

Still wouldn't mind having you explain your thought process regarding Nightbringer, by the way; you shouldn't be given a free pass either.

While I just said we should work under the assumption that Brendan was town for the sake of safety, I do actually believe he was probably scum. "Trying to rally people to vote with him", the intent you proposed as town!Brendan's for claiming, makes little sense if we consider his general way of playing: if he had wanted to do that, he should have tried to solve actively and post convincing reads, etc., whereas he was bloody useless when it comes to solving lol. It simply doesn't match.
    Hii, thank You for the ... words (are they kind? im not sure... you flip flopped all over me , my reads are really this poor? )
    anyways, the second thing you asked from the reads was the following, i pointed it out directly at sod1, and now i will reconstruct it from my memory
    at the beginning of the day, Nightbringer scumread You for some random, non-important reason (afterall, its an early d1 read, nothing bad here...)
    then - You came in, and scumread or sussed Nightbringer too, for some strange random reason i dont remember.
    and then - BOOM - Nightbringer 180'ed the read on MM making him his close to strongest townie... tf??
    This really felt like Nightbringer probing the thread and then deciding to pocket MM instead of making him the MisLim of the day ngl, especially since Nightbringer is new here
    yeah thats it. gonna keep on reading up now =)
    Praise the Lord!

12. ISO #262

That said I do think SuperJack is the right kill today

They make the most sense as a partner for w!Brendan and those reads are sorely lacking

Oliver is much too light-hearted to have just lost a partner

Ewian has grown on me today, I think backing off and giving him space was the right call

Marshall on the other hand is much less towny than yesterday but not to the point that I'd want to consider voting him

PoD still has the towniest posts out of everyone

and Nightbringer sits in Schrödinger's slot where they're either the powerwolf leading us all by the nose or our greatest asset

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

15. ISO #265

16. ISO #266

17. ISO #267

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Yo peeps
    Hi! Glad you came back!

Let's just spit some random stuff out

Pod wanted to talk about who was killed so they are town.
    MM is posting a lot so can be town, might need to read what they post to confirm.
    I have said I found your reads lacking and these two are good examples.

Wolves are generally more than willing to talk about their NKs, in fact they often make kills just to be able to steer the narrative. MM hasn't been posting a lot, in fact he's not even made post minimum yet today.

Please could you iso them (or anyone) and make reads on what they've actually done this game.

18. ISO #268

19. ISO #269

This post is maturing like fine wine.
    Your latest posts SJ has to be the lazyest reads you could have given... And terrible reason for town slotting me.
    I expect way more from you. Unless you make serious changes, I'll be joining in on you. You have until morning to convince me otherwise since that's probably when I'll be last online for the day.

POD still hasn't gotten out of my bottom read, he literally was the only one I wasn't going to accept asking why gikkle died, POD was in both previous games with him and would have known that gikkle could have taken over the role of town leader and was a threat metawise.

Oliver is my 3rd choice simply because of his utter lack of effort in this game but it's what I'd expect from him regardless of his alignment.... Just process of elimination has him in bottom 3.
    I have played with Gikkle before, and while he definetly is a good player, I don't think he's scary to the point he should be murdered ASAP even though he did basically nothing of note and hasn't accumulated any real townreads (as far as I could tell on D1, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    idk I dont remember gikkle ever wowing me that much
    Honestly, this seems fair to me. (No offense meant to you, Gikkle, you're great! Just not this game and it's not even really your fault, you were temporarily busy xD)
    I still kinda like PoD. As for your theory that the Gikkle kill was a fearkill on a non-towny slot, I'm not convinced.

Also, regarding Oliver, I think it's worth noting that his alignment is very much tied to Brendan's. If Brendan was scum, Oliver gets really quite suspicious due to EoD1. If Brendan was town, Oliver is probably just town (it would have been the go-to play to lynch town!Brendan from a scum!Oliver perspective here, he literally didn't have to say anything because we already made the case for him). Because, as I said, we should play under the assumption that we are still facing 2 scum in order to avoid having bad surprises, I wouldn't want to lynch Oliver today. Assuming we don't flip the Legionnaire and we're getting to the lategame, though, Oliver would have little going for him (and quite a lot against him).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

20. ISO #270

Olli Ewian says you're the one who has played with him most other than Gikkle, could you give a read on him please?
    I think i somewhat like him (as a player from the t/w perspective, not as a person xD )
    Havent seen much memorable, so i decided to iso
    Some positive points:
    - Called out Brendan, was also one of the first to vote him (thats positive ig? if we assume Brendan w?)
    its quite some nothin burgers stuff ngl
    Yeah other than that he aint really towny at all =0
    so its really light town almost even light scum...
    Please Ewian, put on the solving googles we want to see more from You!!!
    You arent really towny right now!!!
    Praise the Lord!

21. ISO #271

Hi! Glad you came back!

I have said I found your reads lacking and these two are good examples.

Wolves are generally more than willing to talk about their NKs, in fact they often make kills just to be able to steer the narrative. MM hasn't been posting a lot, in fact he's not even made post minimum yet today.

Please could you iso them (or anyone) and make reads on what they've actually done this game.
    Sorry, I just dont feel that deep motivation right now to get me moving. Don't think I'm capable of any deep reads so I'm just trying to go with what my insides feel like.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

That said I do think SuperJack is the right kill today

They make the most sense as a partner for w!Brendan and those reads are sorely lacking

Oliver is much too light-hearted to have just lost a partner

Ewian has grown on me today, I think backing off and giving him space was the right call

Marshall on the other hand is much less towny than yesterday but not to the point that I'd want to consider voting him

PoD still has the towniest posts out of everyone

and Nightbringer sits in Schrödinger's slot where they're either the powerwolf leading us all by the nose or our greatest asset
    This is putting to much weight on Brendan being wolf. Given they only have a 1/3 chance of being wolf.

Does not feel like this viewpoint comes from a town.

It either feels like TMI and brendan was wold, or pushing the false point that Brendan was wolf.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

24. ISO #274

25. ISO #275

I am disappointed that nobody has commented on this tbh

Obviously PoD and Nightbringer are exempt but I was hoping for some engagement beyond "hello I'm here to make ten posts have some throwaway reads"

If I die please remember this post and consider this world

It fits entirely with the vote movements of PoD saying they don't want to kill a claimed Spartacus D1, sitting on a vanitiy wagon but then killing Brendan anyway after I tie Nightbringer.
    Pretty sure I mentioned tinfoil that Night could be scum if they wanted to try to deepwolf

sorry for not being on last night
    irl stuff
    I write lore

26. ISO #276

I think i somewhat like him (as a player from the t/w perspective, not as a person xD )
    Havent seen much memorable, so i decided to iso
    Some positive points:
    - Called out Brendan, was also one of the first to vote him (thats positive ig? if we assume Brendan w?)
    its quite some nothin burgers stuff ngl
    Yeah other than that he aint really towny at all =0
    so its really light town almost even light scum...
    Please Ewian, put on the solving googles we want to see more from You!!!
    You arent really towny right now!!!
    It would be really funny to apply the meta that every time oli doesn't tr me hes town.
    but I won't

actually post #261 I like of oliver compared to last game I play with them, where they are more lurky. I wouldn't completely avoid a s! oli scenario but I think that post is favorable for T!oli considering hes actually providing thoughts this game
    I write lore

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

This is putting to much weight on Brendan being wolf. Given they only have a 1/3 chance of being wolf.

Does not feel like this viewpoint comes from a town.

It either feels like TMI and brendan was wold, or pushing the false point that Brendan was wolf.
    Even if Brendan was town, you could still easily be the off-wagon wolf with your partner voting him. That would be a fairly common positioning for wolves D1.

You're refusing to give in-depth reads and are here at EoD, pretty much lolcatting. What do you expect to accomplish like this?

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

32. ISO #282

33. ISO #283

34. ISO #284

All votes appear to be correct and intended.

@SuperJack flips Rebel Slave.

Night 2 ends in ~24 hours, just like normal.

Addendums:

I am not going to modkill @Marshmallow Marshall for two reasons.

1. Some of the inactivity on Day 2 may have been contributed to by me. Earlier in my announcements I noted that I would @everyone upon a new SoD. This did not happen for SoD2, and as such I broke an implicit promise even if the ultimate responsibility for activity lies on the players. For example, SJ could have become active sooner since they apparently forgot about the game.

2. One of the spectators for the game reached out to me and made an appeal that players could have intentionally aimed for the 10 post minimum and could have simply miscounted. Which, I will admit, is perhaps a bit lame to modkill over. HOWEVER, I strongly advise everyone to not employ tip-toeing the line on the rules as a strategy. Next time I see a 9 out of 10 post count, it is an unrelenting modkill. If you tip-toe the line and make a mistake, that is on you for choosing to tip-toe the line. The requirements for a post to count is extremely lax -- it could be fluff for all I care. So it should in theory be very difficult to mess up. No excuses.

Edit: Added "to modkill over"
    Last edited by MartinGG99; September 13th, 2024 at 02:56 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

35. ISO #285

Day 3 begins! EoD is in ~48 hours.

@The Nightbringer has died. They were Rebel Slave.

Addendums:

1. All spectators are viewing the game uninformed. I realize speculation (i.e. angle-shooting) regarding the lack of modkill yesterday is unavoidable, since I took an action not prescribed earlier during signups, so I'm not going to moderate people if they end up discussing it. That said, I am going to be quite disappointed if the game devolves into discussing solely that.

2. Someone asked if MYLO/LYLO is announced. It is not -- otherwise that would have given the game more avenues (or predisposed the game to head in certain directions) for negating the impact of the Spartacus/Loyalist roles.

3 votes to hammer.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; September 14th, 2024 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Added @
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

38. ISO #288

ewianking
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Oliverz144
    powerofdeath
    Taffy

Here's why I think massclaiming is a good idea.

Scenario 1: Only 1 Spartacus claimed. This mean brendan was town. We will basically let that spartacus decide the vote for today. If correct, mafia will probably kill the last spartacus and we will go to 3p endgame. I'm okay with this because I definitely want to avoid a 4p no clear endgame.

Scenario 2: 2 Spartacus claimed. Brendan was town. We absolutely have to find the fake slave and lynch the Legionaire. Whichever slave(s) are still alive by tomorrow are 100% clear and will be the deciding vote(s) on which Spartacus claim is fake.

Scenario 3: 2 Spartacus claimed. Brendan was mafia. We probably will waste today voting out a slave claim. Whichever slaves are alive by tomorrow basically have 50-50 chance on deciding which spartacus is real or fake.

39. ISO #289

ewianking
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Oliverz144
    powerofdeath
    Taffy

Scenario 1: Only 1 Spartacus claimed. This mean brendan was town. We will basically let that spartacus decide the vote for today. If correct, mafia will probably kill the last spartacus and we will go to 3p endgame. I'm okay with this because I definitely want to avoid a 4p no clear endgame.

Scenario 2: 2 Spartacus claimed. Brendan was town. We absolutely have to find the fake slave and lynch the Legionaire. Whichever slave(s) are still alive by tomorrow are 100% clear and will be the deciding vote(s) on which Spartacus claim is fake.

Scenario 3: 2 Spartacus claimed. Brendan was mafia. We probably will waste today voting out a slave claim. Whichever slaves are alive by tomorrow basically have 50-50 chance on deciding which spartacus is real or fake.
    Speak up now if you are against the plan before anyone start claiming.

40. ISO #290

Quote Originally Posted by ewianking View Post
    It would be really funny to apply the meta that every time oli doesn't tr me hes town.
    but I won't

actually post #261 I like of oliver compared to last game I play with them, where they are more lurky. I wouldn't completely avoid a s! oli scenario but I think that post is favorable for T!oli considering hes actually providing thoughts this game
    -vote ewianking

This post REEKS. The first sentence is some kind of "airplane perspective" on the game, like Ewian is not really involved in his own reads in "first person mode", but is rather contemplating the game state and picking what he's going to say. A townie trying to solve will not have this perspective and this tone.
    Note: I first noticed the tone/style here because I recognized a scummy pattern (i.e. a way of behaving some scums have, not so much on this site as on foreign, larger ones), and tried to make sense out of it; this is probably the best way to explain it.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

41. ISO #291

-vote ewianking

This post REEKS. The first sentence is some kind of "airplane perspective" on the game, like Ewian is not really involved in his own reads in "first person mode", but is rather contemplating the game state and picking what he's going to say. A townie trying to solve will not have this perspective and this tone.
    Note: I first noticed the tone/style here because I recognized a scummy pattern (i.e. a way of behaving some scums have, not so much on this site as on foreign, larger ones), and tried to make sense out of it; this is probably the best way to explain it.
    Do you know that mafia can quickhammer today and end if there are 2 mafia alive.

42. ISO #292

43. ISO #293

Ewian I'm sorry but I'm going to hammer early so Marshall doesn't die as well

-vote SuperJack
    I did not even notice I was under the 10 posts mark. I've been trying to make my posts as meaningful as possible and to avoid spamming, but I guess I've done it a little too much lol. My internet also happens to have died on me in the middle of a reply I was making to some of Ewian's posts, reply I do not even remember now, so I assume it wasn't too important...

I don't know if I should thank you or not for this xD
    I guess there isn't that much to read into, considering it's about strict rule stuff.

Also, regarding SJ lynch: I have no regrets and believe SJ is the one who should have some. He had committed the heinous crime of not being towny.

44. ISO #294

Mafia also one again chose a horrible kill. Killing the only person that claimed(a slave as well). As result of their night kills, all scenarios now lead to some kind of endgame with 100% clear towns or 3p with no clears. Mafia shouldve holstered kills(I even hinted on day 1 about it) and we could be in a scenario where town was stuck in 6 and 4 ppl with no clears with less odds to vote correctly. This is why I thought Gikkle was a horrible kill. Mafia feared gikkle so much that they rather have odd # of players than having gikkle alive.

45. ISO #295

I did not even notice I was under the 10 posts mark. I've been trying to make my posts as meaningful as possible and to avoid spamming, but I guess I've done it a little too much lol. My internet also happens to have died on me in the middle of a reply I was making to some of Ewian's posts, reply I do not even remember now, so I assume it wasn't too important...

I don't know if I should thank you or not for this xD
    I guess there isn't that much to read into, considering it's about strict rule stuff.

Also, regarding SJ lynch: I have no regrets and believe SJ is the one who should have some. He had committed the heinous crime of not being towny.
    Yeah I just woke up right now. Same time as yesterday, just barely missing EoD. I really need to wake up on time for EoD this cycle

46. ISO #296

-vote ewianking

Moment
    I don't even get what you are arguing here so ima just ignore it
    I write lore

47. ISO #297

ewianking
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Oliverz144
    powerofdeath
    Taffy

I agree to this
    I write lore

48. ISO #298

Do you know that mafia can quickhammer today and end if there are 2 mafia alive.
    I am well aware. However, I happen to believe Ewian is nearly always scum here if there are indeed 2 mafia alive. Here's why

- Oliver is either scum with Brendan or just town. This was already explained yesterday, but the gist of it is that scum!Oliver had a perfect occasion to get rid of town!Brendan and chose not to.
    - You are towny. This is the less safe bet I'm making, but I simply do not believe you are scum; you were towny yesterday. I also fail to see with whom you coul be paired.
    - I am town (mentioning for the sake of my PoE)

This leaves Ewian and Taffy for the 2 scum alive world. If we live in a two scum alive world and I'm actually wrong on the above, then the game is already over in my opinion, so I'm basically choosing to scratch that world and accept defeat if we live in it; this kind of heuristic has always paid off whenever I've applied it, because it makes life much more simple.
    Furthermore, in a 2-scum world, Taffy would be the one who could maybe convince me they're town, as they didn't give me any massive red flags in the USSR fashion. However, they haven't given me any significant green ones either (I did like some stuff, but in retrospect, it really didn't mean much), so they're just in there by PoE in a 2-scum world, basically.

In a 1-scum world, it's really probably just Oliver, but in such a world, this is not MYLO yet, meaning we can afford it.

49. ISO #299

I am well aware. However, I happen to believe Ewian is nearly always scum here if there are indeed 2 mafia alive. Here's why

- Oliver is either scum with Brendan or just town. This was already explained yesterday, but the gist of it is that scum!Oliver had a perfect occasion to get rid of town!Brendan and chose not to.
    - You are towny. This is the less safe bet I'm making, but I simply do not believe you are scum; you were towny yesterday. I also fail to see with whom you coul be paired.
    - I am town (mentioning for the sake of my PoE)

This leaves Ewian and Taffy for the 2 scum alive world. If we live in a two scum alive world and I'm actually wrong on the above, then the game is already over in my opinion, so I'm basically choosing to scratch that world and accept defeat if we live in it; this kind of heuristic has always paid off whenever I've applied it, because it makes life much more simple.
    Furthermore, in a 2-scum world, Taffy would be the one who could maybe convince me they're town, as they didn't give me any massive red flags in the USSR fashion. However, they haven't given me any significant green ones either (I did like some stuff, but in retrospect, it really didn't mean much), so they're just in there by PoE in a 2-scum world, basically.

In a 1-scum world, it's really probably just Oliver, but in such a world, this is not MYLO yet, meaning we can afford it.
    No way bro is thinking I let taffy hammer when I wanted to talk to sj :skull: get out of the tunnel
    I write lore

50. ISO #300

ewianking
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Oliverz144
    powerofdeath
    Taffy

This seems fair. I have no objections.