I'm Spartacus Game Thread - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: I'm Spartacus Game Thread

If there is a reasonable alternative option other than POD that is not just based on lurkers. Then I'd say 90% chance. There is a timing factor as well, it's not EOD right now and I'm open to alternatives, I just stated my starting point.

Now that it's day2, I'll say that I suspected MM is a town Spartacus, which would have made Brendan a 50/50 chance rather than a 1/3. I'll leave it up to him to make the actual claim if he wants to.

I will claim that I am a slave to avoid any confusion.

2. ISO #202

3. ISO #203

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I still believe it is in our best interests to get the Spartaci NKed in order to solve
    Ok, our goal is the same, I think we just have a different view mech wise. My idea for sparti to claim today was exactly the point of highlighting who scum have to kill at night because we will refuse to vote them and if they are not killed, the end game scenario has confirmed town in it which greatly increases towns odds of winning before considering any analysis.

4. ISO #204

5. ISO #205

Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    If there is a reasonable alternative option other than POD that is not just based on lurkers. Then I'd say 90% chance. There is a timing factor as well, it's not EOD right now and I'm open to alternatives, I just stated my starting point.

Now that it's day2, I'll say that I suspected MM is a town Spartacus, which would have made Brendan a 50/50 chance rather than a 1/3. I'll leave it up to him to make the actual claim if he wants to.

What sticks out about MM that might make them Spartacus?

Aren't those first two lists eactly the same?
    Yes , Im blind just remove d? from one of them and then its what I meant

Ok, our goal is the same, I think we just have a different view mech wise. My idea for sparti to claim today was exactly the point of highlighting who scum have to kill at night because we will refuse to vote them and if they are not killed, the end game scenario has confirmed town in it which greatly increases towns odds of winning before considering any analysis.
    mmm I think I agree with Taffy that Spartacus should be nked tbh and not exposed yet.
    I write lore

6. ISO #206

Quote Originally Posted by ewianking View Post
    What sticks out about MM that might make them Spartacus?
    MM and I think very alike and are mostly on the same page this game, I got the sense MM was more triggered by Brendan's claim than I was... I just got a bunch that if MM was a sparticus, it would have given him the motivation to pursue that vote compared to my more irritation but less motivated to respond to it even if Brendan was voting me. It took me a few rereads to catch it myself which is when I switched my vote over.

7. ISO #207

MM and I think very alike and are mostly on the same page this game, I got the sense MM was more triggered by Brendan's claim than I was... I just got a bunch that if MM was a sparticus, it would have given him the motivation to pursue that vote compared to my more irritation but less motivated to respond to it even if Brendan was voting me. It took me a few rereads to catch it myself which is when I switched my vote over.
    Ic

Just by reading you want powerofdeath to explain their shifts on sj?

Is it because it looks like powerofdeath is protecting a s!brendan if that were the case?
    I write lore

8. ISO #208

-vote powerofdeath

You better explain exactly what information you thought lynching SJ over Brendan would gain, because from my point of view lynching SJ was a net 0 gain in info on all side with the exception of if he flipped legionaire. With no time on the clock left, no one was gonna give their thoughts on him... And what thoughts could you give other than he lurk.
    idk what to tell you, thought it was pretty obvious what I wanted to do yesterday. I didnt want to lynch a spartacus claim day 1. I rather have that resolved later. Mechwise i felt like it was better to hunt for Legionaire. Informed minority vs uninformed majority and you wanted the majority to become even more uninformed.

In my head, even if we were wrong yesterday, only a slave would be dead, and the kill that night would have 4 outcomes: another dead slave, a dead but confirmed town sparactus, Brendan's death, or no death.

If there were 2 dead slaves, that leave 3 slaves alive, and I felt like if everyone mass claim on day 2, mafia would be forced to split their claims to slave/spartacus and we could easily hunt down the legionaire out of the 4 slaves then find the last mafia between the spartacus.

If there were 1 dead slave and they luck into killing a second spartacus, either real spartacus would CC Brendan and it would be 50-50, or if nobody CC Brendan, then Brendan would be clear.

In third scenario, if Brendan got night killed, then thank god we tried to lynch outside of someone mafia was gonna kill anyway.

If there was no kills, then we have more time to discuss stuff anyway.

But honestly its kinda my fault I was sleeping, and only woke up like 2 hours before EoD. Part of me knew that nothing was gonna happen in just two hours.

9. ISO #209

If we decide to mass claim, and only 1 spartacus claimed, then massclaiming is a waste and that person will just die tonight.

If two spartacuses claimed, then two scenarios: both town or one of them is fake. If this happen, then we will always ignore those two and try to find the mafia among the 5 people claiming to be slaves. We have day 2 and day 3 to do so. Day 4 is only if we found the legionaire or the game havent ended because Brendan was mafia.

We could also not claim and scumhunt naturally among everyone and just let Spartacus claim if in danger.

10. ISO #210

Also why was Gikkle killed? Such an odd kill to me and its bugging me. Gikkle kill means someone is feeling safe or think they can manipulate the game flow to benefit them. I dont think a team of lurkers would kill a fellow lurkers, but I could be wrong. Mafia's intention probably are letting NB come out and push me, which should keep the attention off them. If this was the case, there were better kills like MM, but why didnt MM die?

Not gonna lie, it did bother me a tad bit that Taffy came up at last minute to push for NB. I was really considering tying the vote just out of spite of NB's post about me until Taffy came in last minute and tied it for me, giving the tiebreaker and that bothered me and I just decided to vote Brendan instead.

So yeah, my tr i had on MM/Taffy yesterday got a tad bit weaker.

11. ISO #211

12. ISO #212

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Also why was Gikkle killed? Such an odd kill to me and its bugging me. Gikkle kill means someone is feeling safe or think they can manipulate the game flow to benefit them. I dont think a team of lurkers would kill a fellow lurkers, but I could be wrong. Mafia's intention probably are letting NB come out and push me, which should keep the attention off them. If this was the case, there were better kills like MM, but why didnt MM die?
    I've never played with gikkle but the one thing I did d1 before giving him the free pass for his inactivity was I looked up some of his previous games to see if lurking is his meta. It's not, he was top poster in multiple games so I legit thought he would get super active today. How good those posts are, I don't know, I didn't go that deep into a meta read on him.

I might have survived because I had so many votes on me at end of day and mafia think they can use that current state to try to nail me today.

As for MM surviving? The simplest explanation I have based on my experience is scum are stubborn and hate it when town direct their kills even if it's the best options, they like to be unpredictable.

My alternative explanation is that MM is scum and has beaten me because I won't go after him if he is a s Spartacus. I have to ignore this possibility until the legionnaire is found.

I'll address your other posts tonight when I have more time, hopefully by that time, the town lurkers will have posted more.

13. ISO #213

Kinda disappointed that im alive, my schedule for the next 48h is much busyer, I'll be online mostly in the evenings and I know I won't be around for eod, maybe 6 hours prior to EOD will be my cut off so if you have anything to say that you want me to see, say it early.
    @Oliver if you have any real life commitments, don't alert us last minute like d1, or I'll call BS. A concert is something you would have known about way in advanced and should have made time ahead of time to post and actually read the thread, not the rapid fire spam you hurried off yesterday.
    yeahhh, it was really short notice for me ngl =)
    Praise the Lord!

14. ISO #214

Roman Legionnaire
    Roman Loyalist (flips as Spartacus)(d?)

Rebel Slave(d)
    Rebel Slave
    Rebel Slave
    Rebel Slave
    Rebel Slave
    Spartacus(d?)
    Spartacus

or

Roman Legionnaire
    Roman Loyalist (flips as Spartacus)(d?)

Rebel Slave(d)
    Rebel Slave
    Rebel Slave
    Rebel Slave
    Rebel Slave
    Spartacus(d?)
    Spartacus

Either 1 legion
    2 spartacus
    4 slaves left
    or
    1 legion
    1 loyalist
    4 slave
    1 spartacus left

(they are the same picture moment)
    Ewian You might have done a mistake there ngl
    Praise the Lord!

15. ISO #215

16. ISO #216

17. ISO #217

Not gonna lie, it did bother me a tad bit that Taffy came up at last minute to push for NB. I was really considering tying the vote just out of spite of NB's post about me until Taffy came in last minute and tied it for me, giving the tiebreaker and that bothered me and I just decided to vote Brendan instead.
    You are annoyed bc I did the thing you were yourself thinking of doing... ehm.

Also 40 minutes before EoD isn't last minute, you're not being fair here. I came to EoD specifically bc I hadn't voted yet, looked at the wagons and made a choice. Then we had an entire conversation about it afterwards and I even tried to find common ground in our reads so we might've had a different counterwagon to Brendan. I didn't expect EoD to be literally just the two of us

18. ISO #218

19. ISO #219

I've never played with gikkle but the one thing I did d1 before giving him the free pass for his inactivity was I looked up some of his previous games to see if lurking is his meta. It's not, he was top poster in multiple games so I legit thought he would get super active today. How good those posts are, I don't know, I didn't go that deep into a meta read on him.

I might have survived because I had so many votes on me at end of day and mafia think they can use that current state to try to nail me today.

As for MM surviving? The simplest explanation I have based on my experience is scum are stubborn and hate it when town direct their kills even if it's the best options, they like to be unpredictable.

My alternative explanation is that MM is scum and has beaten me because I won't go after him if he is a s Spartacus. I have to ignore this possibility until the legionnaire is found.

I'll address your other posts tonight when I have more time, hopefully by that time, the town lurkers will have posted more.
    Gikkle is usually pretty good ye, the type to pull off reaction fishes
    I write lore

20. ISO #220

Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    (they are the same picture moment)
    Ewian You might have done a mistake there ngl
    yes I did a oopsie,
    what are your thoughts on the game oli
    I write lore

21. ISO #221

So yeah, my tr i had on MM/Taffy yesterday got a tad bit weaker.
    Gikkle was killed I think cuz they would provide the least amount of info in terms of nka
    Like the other lowposters have interacted/voted someone but gikkle is the only one who kinda had nothing, so it makes sense imo if scum don't want to let us have info, to kill the guy who has no connections for the most part in the game
    I write lore

22. ISO #222

You are annoyed bc I did the thing you were yourself thinking of doing... ehm.

Also 40 minutes before EoD isn't last minute, you're not being fair here. I came to EoD specifically bc I hadn't voted yet, looked at the wagons and made a choice. Then we had an entire conversation about it afterwards and I even tried to find common ground in our reads so we might've had a different counterwagon to Brendan. I didn't expect EoD to be literally just the two of us
    just the two of us
    we can make it if we tryyyy
    Praise the Lord!

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

Olli, Ewian, in the scenario where Brendan was a wolf, who was his most likely partner in your opinion?

and if Brendan was town, which one of his four voters is a wolf?
    If Brendan was scum:

Probably one in SJ/Oli.

If town:

I could see S!night world. involves the major tinfoil of he is deepwolfing tho so Im going to say thats not likely.
    I don't know how I feel about MM but I feel like its smth like Power>MM>Night
    I write lore

28. ISO #228

29. ISO #229

I AM HERE, I EXIST
    My apologies for vanishing into thin air for so long lol, I had a very fun but very busy day.

From EoD1:
    I honestly feel like Nightbringer was really scummy this day, and i really think we should lynch him today.
    the reasoning for my scumread are:
    mech-focus overr the past phase (which diverts attention from the solving)
    Strange MM reads
    According to this, you should have been all over PoD, burying him in a solid push, considering at that point in the game, he had done nothing else, barring some very recent "I don't wanna lynch Brendan". Nightbringer, on the other hand, provided reads and tried to generate discussion - which is not at all outside of what I estimate his scum range to be, for the record -, which makes this point a little strange.
    I don't get what the intended meaning of this line is.

Note that I'm not accusing you of being scum; on the contrary, I'm actually tempted to say this strange attempt at reading is genuine, due to its sheer lack of ability to convince anybody lol. I doubt you'd even believe this would allow you to gain any traction whatsoever as scum.
    Actually, scratch that. I went to check the EoD1 votecount and saw how close it was with Brendan. There is a rather significant possibility that you tried to justify your vote on the counterwagon with a (bad) explanation in a scum!Brendan world.
    That said, I'm keeping the first idea around as well, because if you are indeed scum shielding your partner Brendan, you're already pretty much screwed and can be dealt with later so I'm strategically saying I like you for now because I believe we should act as if Brendan were town, no matter what he actually was, and adjust if the game doesn't end upon the Legionnaire flipping.

Still wouldn't mind having you explain your thought process regarding Nightbringer, by the way; you shouldn't be given a free pass either.
    Think he meant if everyone agree hes clear and we just lynch randomly among the 8 people outside of him its 25% chance to be right. You're right we 100% are lynching today because not lynching today mean town's # of mislynches go from 2 to 1 before loss.

So while you might be right, Scum?Brendan could be trying to bait claim/or preparing in advance to not be voted. I'm trying to see the intent of town?Brendan claiming as spartacus, he might be trying to rally people to vote with him.
    While I just said we should work under the assumption that Brendan was town for the sake of safety, I do actually believe he was probably scum. "Trying to rally people to vote with him", the intent you proposed as town!Brendan's for claiming, makes little sense if we consider his general way of playing: if he had wanted to do that, he should have tried to solve actively and post convincing reads, etc., whereas he was bloody useless when it comes to solving lol. It simply doesn't match.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

30. ISO #230

I find Brendan's line pretty ironic. Brendan came out of the gate with his claim, trying to lead the town to vote Nightbringer. Yet says if he were evil he would come out of the gate, trying to lead the town.
    Indeed. He was clearly toying with WIFOM regarding this; the fact he did nothing else is really bad, though. If he was town, he severely misplayed in my opinion, and I'm going to assume he didn't just do that lol (even though we should play as if he were town for now in my opinion, since if he actually was town, we would have less wiggle room right now).
    I guess Oliver is gone.

Well, my current pov on him is this: Would Scum?Oliver jump on the mass wagons on brendan and make it bigger for easy mislynch? Or would scum?Oliver join a counterwagon against one of the loudest player in the game.

I feel like he would probably do option A. The only way I could see him being Mafia is if hes also mafia with Brendan and is trying to protect him.
    I like this, especially since it was done pretty much "live" in the thread as Oliver posted (around 30 minutes after, counting the fact PoD was posting about other stuff before replying to this). I like PoD more now.

--> which leads us to the remaining suspicious low-activity slots! SuperJack, Ewian, [Taffy?] (I think Oliver is at the very least not a priority lynch; if he ends up in final 3, then I'd just assume he was probably scum with Brendan and that's all there was to it, but for now, I'm inclined to push actual question mark slots we want to either sort out or straight up murder before we reach lategame)

-vote SuperJack
    The time for strong content from you is ten times overpast. (will see if you posted stuff I haven't read yet but yeah)
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

31. ISO #231

I can say this is bad for town because if Brendan was actually town, then mafia can cruise by fakeclaiming Spartacus, and misleading town off their partner for Day 2 and 3 for quick victory.
    I mean, no. Claiming Spartacus is not a free ticket for a townread in any way lol.

32. ISO #232

But Gikkle can be punted until tomorrow, I think I will read him easier if he actually becomes active
    I think this was literally everyone's opinion of Gikkle lol. It's quite strange that he was murdered out of everyone. I had lowkey expected to come back to the thread to my death, to be honest, or perhaps to Nightbringer's. Why did scum decide to basically facilitate our task of sorting out the inactives? @ any interested soul

33. ISO #233

Really expected Nightbringer to be the kill tbh
    though gikkle isnt outside of expectations.

If I put on the tinfoil hat because people were against nightbringer scum didnt want to confirm them town, so they went after an inactive.
    Honestly, thinking about it right now, Nightbringer did have 3 votes on him at the end of the day... but I had the same reaction as you, this only popped into my mind right now, so you get some... mindmeld points, I guess? Congrats

34. ISO #234

PoD was the one who made the deciding vote to kill Brendan, over the option to create tied wagons by voting you. Yesterday you accused PoD of voting SuperJack to create a counterwagon to his scumbuddy Brendan, and now that he proved that theory wrong you are still pushing him.

I mean there's no towncred to be had from bussing the fake Spartacus. If Brendan turns out to be the wolf you're pretty much all town.

Do you have other reasons for thinking PoD is scum than that he has a different approach to the game?

Personally he's the last person I want to vote today; he's comfortable in thread, I can't discern any agenda in his posts, we've had the same idea about how to optimally play out the mech, and he's actively contributing.
    +1. Exactly my thoughts. Also, I disagree with Nightbringer that we should consider this as a 6v1 immediatly. There are no drawbacks to being careful, but there may be drawbacks if we decide to be arrogant instead.

35. ISO #235

36. ISO #236

Would you expect to be 100% dead tomorrow is PoD flips town?

I think that solving an entire day in a w!Brendan world is dangerous given how small the game is. We should explore both options to maximise our chances of success.
    I'm starting to like you as much as your pfp

37. ISO #237

38. ISO #238

39. ISO #239

40. ISO #240

41. ISO #241

42. ISO #242

43. ISO #243

44. ISO #244

Sigh. I'm too tired to think straight and thoroughly analyze SJ's posts, but I hoped I would have more to ponder overnight. One liner reads based on poor reasons (literally basic effort reading... SJ, you're not a noob lol, don't you try :P) won't cut it. My vote is staying.

Also, just as a heads up for people who aren't used to the site: this game is particularly inactive. Like, people don't straight up AFK, but they don't participate much at all (you know who you are)...

I shall now take my leave for the night.

45. ISO #245

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Oh shit you are that really nice person. Thats awesome hello.

Also Richard did send me a pm, and they just said "Just eliminate whoever isn't solving"

lazy ass wanker
    This post is maturing like fine wine.
    Your latest posts SJ has to be the lazyest reads you could have given... And terrible reason for town slotting me.
    I expect way more from you. Unless you make serious changes, I'll be joining in on you. You have until morning to convince me otherwise since that's probably when I'll be last online for the day.

POD still hasn't gotten out of my bottom read, he literally was the only one I wasn't going to accept asking why gikkle died, POD was in both previous games with him and would have known that gikkle could have taken over the role of town leader and was a threat metawise.

Oliver is my 3rd choice simply because of his utter lack of effort in this game but it's what I'd expect from him regardless of his alignment.... Just process of elimination has him in bottom 3.

46. ISO #246

@ewianking would you mind providing me some context for one of your opening posts? Are both gikkle and you from MU? Just trying to cross some "t"s and dot some "i"s in my current reads.
    Both me and gikkle are from Hypixel.

I tip toed away from playing in someone else's game to play a game on sc2 for no particular reason at all.
    I write lore

47. ISO #247

48. ISO #248

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Sigh. I'm too tired to think straight and thoroughly analyze SJ's posts, but I hoped I would have more to ponder overnight. One liner reads based on poor reasons (literally basic effort reading... SJ, you're not a noob lol, don't you try :P) won't cut it. My vote is staying.

Also, just as a heads up for people who aren't used to the site: this game is particularly inactive. Like, people don't straight up AFK, but they don't participate much at all (you know who you are)...

I shall now take my leave for the night.
    As someone who has played a total of 2 games prior on this site, I will take that word for it.
    I write lore

49. ISO #249

50. ISO #250

Both me and gikkle are from Hypixel.
    Ty, that helps me feel better moving you to my town reads. Considering that I was voting you yesterday, the little interactions you had with gikkle at the start of the day are the few posts gikkle had before he died. I think scum trying to frame you for gikkles death. (Glares at my top pick)