Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. ISO #101

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

Re: I'm Spartacus Game Thread

In an effort to make things more interesting, and as a gesture of good faith to my fellow town, I would like to reveal that I am Spartacus.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

5. ISO #105

With that being said, would you like to lynch someone today? If we can all agree that I am town that puts us at 25% chance to lynch successfully today. Unless I'm worse at math than I thought.
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

6. ISO #106

-vote The Nightbringer

Leaving this here until I hear from him. If I were evil I'd try to come out of the gate leading the town. I'd want at least one active "town" voice out of the two slots...
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    With that being said, would you like to lynch someone today? If we can all agree that I am town that puts us at 25% chance to lynch successfully today. Unless I'm worse at math than I thought.
    In an effort to make things more interesting, and as a gesture of good faith to my fellow town, I would like to reveal that I am Spartacus.
    Interesting, that being said , you claiming Spartacus gives u 33% of being scum. I also have no reason to believe for you to be town either.

And why would we not lynch d1?
    I write lore

8. ISO #108

Good morning!

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Okay heres my thoughts: We may want mafia to kill spartacus unintentionally then we know those are real spartacus upon flips. Prob best to not claim until later in game. If we decide to have 2 town spartacus claim, and mafia does not counterclaims, then they are the first two to die. We kinda want to avoid that.

IMO: if mafia decide to claim Spartacus early, town spartacus shouldnt CC at all, and if they get nightkilled, it actually out the mafia spartacus.

Thats pretty much the only setup spec I have, not much else to go on.
    I haven't read beyond this post yet, but I wanted to explicitly agree with this take. Spartaci should strive to get NKed.

9. ISO #109

From memory, things that stood out to me from SoD:

- Ewianking coming in all eager to be first, then lurking even though there were other players to interact with
    - the early Gikkle/Nightbringer interaction felt forced somehow - will need to reread to see if I lean more towards calling it w/w theatre or a wolf with an awkward opening that got caught out, or a town with an awkward opening that a wolf jumped on, but it would surprise me if there weren't a wolf in the mix there
    - Nightbringer opening with "welcome to the reunion" and then not eagerly relaying info about the previous rendition of the game

If someone wants to chat, I'll refresh this tab regularly throughout the rereading/catchup

10. ISO #110

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    yo

may not be too active day 1 (obv will at least meet the post minimum)

i'll def be active day 2 tho
    Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    Nightbringer checking in. I shall now judge avatars and people's reactions to avatars to base my opini.... (Sees Martin giving me an evil glare)
    I mean welcome all to the reunion game!
    -vote The Nightbringer
    Ah excellent! An instant reaction, votes with minimal effort and nothing more. In the interest of provoking you and to getting more reactions from others to form a baseline for analysis later, I hereby declare that I don't like you, Gikkle.

This is the interaction I was talking about

11. ISO #111

Quote Originally Posted by ewianking View Post
    -vote Gikkle

I thought I tipped toed here quietly
    stalking gikkle is scary

There's nothing vote-worthy about Gikkle's first post, and voting him without commenting on the actual game-relevant thing he's done (naked voting Nightbringer) is wolfy. Could be w/w with Nightbringer, even, if Ewianking is a bit trigger happy in defending partners.

12. ISO #112

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    yo

may not be too active day 1 (obv will at least meet the post minimum)

i'll def be active day 2 tho
    -vote Gikkle

I thought I tipped toed here quietly
    stalking gikkle is scary

There's nothing vote-worthy about Gikkle's first post, and voting him without commenting on the actual game-relevant thing he's done (naked voting Nightbringer) is wolfy. Could be w/w with Nightbringer, even, if Ewianking is a bit trigger happy in defending partners.

I see that if I want to show a quote chain I have to make it myself. Here you go!

13. ISO #113

As far as I know, this is the first time this setup is used here, might be other setups that are similar that I'm not aware of. Thus don't know who won. And didn't think you actually wanted an answer due to it being a newish setup. (And yes, I missed the post where you asked if I missed the questions until now)
    Why would I not want to know more about a setup that's new to me but others seem to be familiar with?

I get now that you aren't I just assumed from your opener that you'd played it before and with some of the other players here.

14. ISO #114

Same thoughts as me. As I mentioned in post 36 ish. Which is my problem, he has fulfilled his 10 post minimum for the day and I'm no further ahead in getting a read on him... He's more likely to survive to endgame without anyone questioning it. I want to push him to say something more than all the out of game day to day life.
    Actually, he's more likely to turn into a corpse if nothing changes. Nobody is standing out as particularly scummy (yes, I forgive you... sort of :P), and I really don't like how everyone seems to be saying "Oh, this is fine, it's how he plays" and basically giving him a free pass to coast. I would rather get rid of an actively lurking and non-contributing slot (which isn't going to be modkilled), especially early, and especially if there are few slots like this.

-vote Brendan

Contribute or else...

say no to coasters
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

15. ISO #115

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I maybe should read the setup lol.
    I'm in bed so not gonna make effoot now. But I'm gonna kick ass in the morning. 2 scum should be easy to find.
    lol

it's not terribly complicated, really, which means we do need to try and figure out alignments. looking at you here
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Sounds like they are putting effort in. Geez MM trying to be coolm
    how dare I

Thoughts on Brendan, btw? Beyond "omg he plays like this"
    he's trying to produce content that's analyzable, i don't see that as a bad thing
    Ehh, I guess it can be seen that way too. It's not a big deal anyway. I still wouldn't play that way, but it's not entirely otherworldly. It is still noteworthy, however. I'm just happy that he's basically driving the discussion for now. If he starts being scummy while doing this, we can get rid of him later, but I'd say he's helpful, hence my lowering of the pressure here.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

16. ISO #116

I've considered that outcome POD, but we would need to be really lucky for mafia to hit both town sparticus' at night if they don't claim.

If no one claims Spartacus, then it's a 2 mafia vs 7 town game with the slight variance of if we lynch a Spartacus, we won't know until the other mafia is found before we know if we got the right one.

If we all claim now, then we force the mafia to either have 1 claim Spartacus or we would have 2 that we could blindly trust and it would force the mafia to night kill those 2 people instead of possible better targets that claim slaves.

Both mafia can't claim Spartacus or it allows town to just kill all the Spartacus and win.

If only 1 mafia claims Spartacus, then we could try to focus on finding the mafia hidden in the slave claimers. Once we find him, hopefully there would be enough to analyze to determine which of the 3 Spartacus is scum, depending on how long it took will determine how many guesses we get, game will end if we guess correctly.

If we wait until 1 Spartacus dies at night until we claim, it's a 50/50 on one of them. We would have to make sure we do the math and realize if the game is still going after a certain time the mafia don't have majority because there is only 1 left. Or no one claims and we get no benefit of the setup and it's a pure 2v7.

I'm still leaning for a d2 claim and leave the n1 kill up to chance. I think the math I calculated is that the game ends at the end of d3 if we fail all 3 days. Game ends at the end of d4 if we catch 1 before that. D4 being a 2v1

My personal goal is that in the endgame 2v1, one of the 3 is a Spartacus claimer or one of the 3 is a slave claimer... Which would reduce the odds to a 50/50 chance
    Until the Legionnaire is dead, the only way to know we've killed the fake Spartacus is to kill all three - which would use up both of our available misyeets in the process, meaning we can't afford any mistakes in locating the Legionnaire anymore. Pushing for an early claim is decidedly wolf-sided.

17. ISO #117

Oh, it would seem Brendan did in fact say things...
    Didn't we already establish that we were at least waiting on the N1 kill and hoping for it to land on a town Spartacus to narrow down that pool? Besides, there is literally a scum Spartacus, so you are not exactly convincing me that you're town lol.

To any town Spartacuses (Spartaci?): do not claim yet. This may be scum attempting to bait you to plan nightkills accordingly.

What really matters here is Brendan's intent behind his claim. It's difficult to establish it clearly right now, but I don't see a town motivation here (especially since this was already discussed mech-wise), mostly a scum one. I'm happy with my vote.

18. ISO #118

Until the Legionnaire is dead, the only way to know we've killed the fake Spartacus is to kill all three - which would use up both of our available misyeets in the process, meaning we can't afford any mistakes in locating the Legionnaire anymore. Pushing for an early claim is decidedly wolf-sided.
    That is literally how the setup was crafted, by the way. It is meant to punish early mass claiming. One Spartacus claim may not be entirely disastrous, though.

19. ISO #119

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Actually, he's more likely to turn into a corpse if nothing changes. Nobody is standing out as particularly scummy (yes, I forgive you... sort of :P), and I really don't like how everyone seems to be saying "Oh, this is fine, it's how he plays" and basically giving him a free pass to coast. I would rather get rid of an actively lurking and non-contributing slot (which isn't going to be modkilled), especially early, and especially if there are few slots like this.

-vote Brendan

Contribute or else...

say no to coasters
    Hi! Haven't gotten to your entrance yet, I think, but if there are no more Brendan posts past 36 then yes that's not serious playing. Supposing he comes and contributes meaningfully before or at EoD though, where would you go next?

Also I know you're not the same Marshall as the one on FoL, but I actually don't know which one of you two I spectated in the Discord ToS Championship, was that you?

20. ISO #120

While I appreciate that you're providing early reads, I also think you're the one being trigger-happy here. This was RVS, and Ewian's post really is your average meaningless MU-flavored intro post. Suggesting this was w/w defense during RVS is silly in my opinion.

In my book, Ewian is in the "did absolutely nothing noteworthy and should start doing stuff soon, or else" bucket; what he said so far simply doesn't count for much. The most meaningful thing he has said is that Brendan has a 33 % chance of being scum (assuming his claim is real), which, while not wrong, is not exactly revolutionary xD.

21. ISO #121

Oh, it would seem Brendan did in fact say things...

Didn't we already establish that we were at least waiting on the N1 kill and hoping for it to land on a town Spartacus to narrow down that pool? Besides, there is literally a scum Spartacus, so you are not exactly convincing me that you're town lol.

To any town Spartacuses (Spartaci?): do not claim yet. This may be scum attempting to bait you to plan nightkills accordingly.

What really matters here is Brendan's intent behind his claim. It's difficult to establish it clearly right now, but I don't see a town motivation here (especially since this was already discussed mech-wise), mostly a scum one. I'm happy with my vote.
    What could my intentions be.. there's so much mystery behind them...
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

22. ISO #122

Hi! Haven't gotten to your entrance yet, I think, but if there are no more Brendan posts past 36 then yes that's not serious playing. Supposing he comes and contributes meaningfully before or at EoD though, where would you go next?

Also I know you're not the same Marshall as the one on FoL, but I actually don't know which one of you two I spectated in the Discord ToS Championship, was that you?
    Hello baby hawk (?) avatar person

That wasn't me in the ToS championship. I haven't really played FM recently at all outside of this site, actually; life brought me elsewhere, I guess. I am indeed the space pizza (IT'S A SPACESHIP, DAMNIT) from the KRC game you hosted in, however!

Regarding Brendan, you may want to look at his recent posts. That said, if I were to move from him right now, I might be pressuring Ewian for more, as I believe he is on the brink of being useful and actually readable, he's just not there yet.

23. ISO #123

(replying to p#120 but the forum hangs if I try to quote it)

Does it change your mind if I tell you that wasn't Ewian's entry post? As I pointed out before, he'd made the very first post of the game, and then lurked until this. So he's around for that entire time, and then doesn't comment on the fact that Gikkle has voted Nightbringer but votes his entry post. That's what's sus to me. The lack of comment on the vote.

I mean you're right that it's early but by no means silly.

24. ISO #124

Hello baby hawk (?) avatar person

That wasn't me in the ToS championship. I haven't really played FM recently at all outside of this site, actually; life brought me elsewhere, I guess. I am indeed the space pizza (IT'S A SPACESHIP, DAMNIT) from the KRC game you hosted in, however!

Regarding Brendan, you may want to look at his recent posts. That said, if I were to move from him right now, I might be pressuring Ewian for more, as I believe he is on the brink of being useful and actually readable, he's just not there yet.
    Ok I will get to those posts soonTM.

(it's a potoo, they are hilariously funny-looking birds)

25. ISO #125

(hears the mention of Mafia Universe)
    Hmmm... I wonder if I've crossed you there myself. And before you ask, no, I won't be revealing who I am there.
    Oh, thank you for answering my question before I even asked it: you do play on MU, and recently, at that, since you can wonder about SJ! Well well well, how interesting. I can then move to the second part of my reasoning already; how fortuitous.
    MM, what made you say that Nightbringer has played on MU recently?

26. ISO #126

Does it change your mind if I tell you that wasn't Ewian's entry post? As I pointed out before, he'd made the very first post of the game, and then lurked until this. So he's around for that entire time, and then doesn't comment on the fact that Gikkle has voted Nightbringer but votes his entry post. That's what's sus to me. The lack of comment on the vote.

Ah yea, the multiquotes... You have to go back and untick them manually. Yes, it is somewhat annoying, sorry xD. Someday and soonTM, it shall be improved, but it's still better than being stuck with the quotes forever :P

(In case it wasn't clear, "silly" wasn't meant as an insult or whatever, sorry if it was ambiguous lol)

I don't think the fact it wasn't his first post really matters at all. At that point in the game, I didn't expect anyone to come up with an... exhaustive push against anyone else. Note that I'm not saying he's necessarily innocent, just that I doubt his post means much.
    please don't be scum ewian or i will probably look bad for "defending you"

Ok I will get to those posts soonTM.

(it's a potoo, they are hilariously funny-looking birds)
    What is...

XD wow

27. ISO #127

MM, what made you say that Nightbringer has played on MU recently?
    Because he was talking to SJ as if they had met recently-ish there, if I remember correctly. It's ultimately just a supposition, but I expected to be corrected in the event I'd be wrong, which didn't happen, sooooooooo. :P

28. ISO #128

Why would I not want to know more about a setup that's new to me but others seem to be familiar with?

I get now that you aren't I just assumed from your opener that you'd played it before and with some of the other players here.
    Seeing that you are not a regular on this site, I'll answer your unspoken question. This game was labeled annual reunion game not for its setup returning but for returning players of this site to play FM together again.

So it was an interesting night. Got the kneejerk reactions I was expecting from certain people, now need to narrow it down. I'd be willing to vote Brendan but for the sake of having multiple options, I'll keep my pressure on ewianking for the time being since nothing has changed in his regard, I'll be around all day to change my vote if needed.

SJs grace period has expired and is now in my bottom 4 as well.

Brendan wants to hear from me..... Do I need a megaphone? I've been doing most of the talking since the start, what do you want to hear? Your accusation on me sounds like a low effort echo of MMs earlier post trying to buddy up with a reputable player.

29. ISO #129

So with less than 6 hours to go, here is what I've decided. I'm giving gikkle a free pass for his lack of activity today, I expect more from him d2. That being said, he currently has the most votes with 2, one being from someone I think is scum. If I leave my vote on eking, it doesn't help MM or myself build extra votes on our top choice with the little time remaining. The other thing I have to factor in is Brendan can switch his vote to gikkle to make it 3 if taffy doesn't move for self preservation. Which means we might need 4 votes to eliminate the rng-jesus factor on the lynch.

Here is my personal view on Brendan's recent actions, when I voted eking, I suspect Brendan had a kneejerk reaction and tried to step in to defend his scum buddy. I've been driving the discussion the most and he had to try to discredit me to do so, thus his vote on me with whatever supporting view he could find from someone else, in this case one of MMs posts that had an initial vote on me.
    He is even trying to use the Spartacus claim to try to give himself town cred, which has backfired spectacularly because of all the preemptive discussion I had on that very subject.

Anything I've noticed by living on the forums during FM games I'm in is that both Oliver and Brendan were online in the past hour and did not post, so I can't count on Oliver to be any help >: (
    And Brendan doesn't seem concerned about MM starting to focus on him.

So
    -vote Brendan

Need at least 2 more for safety

30. ISO #130

I attempt to get people talking before I seriously start looking for scum, based on content, I decide if people are just posting to say that they are posting like SJ and Brendan or actually trying to contribute something like POD and yourself MM. So far I'm looking at the various scenarios this game could lead to and how to react accordingly.

Based on what I've seen so far, I like MM and POD, dislike SJ and Brendan and don't have enough to look at for the others
    is it just me or does nightbringer try to pocket MM after MM starts pushing him?
    Praise the Lord!

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

33. ISO #133

is it just me or does nightbringer try to pocket MM after MM starts pushing him?
    I wouldn't say that. He seems to say some of my thoughts before I express them, which is good, and I believe there is some genuine mindmeld going on here. That said, I've met people who play like Nightbringer before, saying things that simply make sense, and who turned out to be scum in the end. I don't really see anything that makes me say "this man is town, he would not do this as scum". I suspect the fact we have only THREE PAGES nearing the end of D1 isn't helping at all: even though he's talking and contributing as much as can be reasonably expected here, there is only so much to say when people are failing to exist meaningfully.
    So overall, I'm really just worried he might be a pretty much unsolvable slot until it's too late. I wouldn't accuse him of pocketing, though.

Besides, are you just going to throw shade (with a "is it just me" question without a case of your own, as if you hoped that we would make the case you don't want to make yourself), vote, and go away? Your ISO is among the poorest in the game, and you happen to have only addressed Nightbringer in this game. Avoiding interactions with most people to restrain yourself to a select few (or in this case, literally just one because you're also inactive) is scummy. I would gladly hurl you into a volcano at the moment if the idea was to become popular.

Any thoughts on other people? SJ, for example? Do you think there's anything readable about him? What about Brendan's claim?

34. ISO #134

Also, do note that I will be unable to be here at EoD. If I can, I will pop in a little around an hour and a half before EoD, but that will be it.

Considering how little content there is and how noone is being PAINFULLY scummy, I am a strong proponent of simply murdering the slots that we will not want to solve when the decisive hurling-into-volcano moment will occur. That means Brendan, Oliverz and Ewian... and maybe SJ too, since he's not doing much. Gikkle mentioned he was a little busy today, so I'm not really holding it against him, even though he's not a townread either. Note that I have gut stances on some of those people, but I have no desire to share them at the moment, considering they wouldn't add anything interesting to the discussion and could instead help scum plan their game.
    I will speak a word about Brendan, though. His magic "I claimed, I must be nice" attempt does not convince me at all, honestly (or more accurately, it's getting more and more suspicious over time as he lurks), and I suspect he might be thinking this is the arcade, where a claim can get you out of trouble for a while if it's even just possible. To be coherent with town!Spartacus-who-claims play, he should be trying to lead the town right now, as opposed to... vanishing after the claim.

35. ISO #135

From memory, things that stood out to me from SoD:

- Ewianking coming in all eager to be first, then lurking even though there were other players to interact with
    - the early Gikkle/Nightbringer interaction felt forced somehow - will need to reread to see if I lean more towards calling it w/w theatre or a wolf with an awkward opening that got caught out, or a town with an awkward opening that a wolf jumped on, but it would surprise me if there weren't a wolf in the mix there
    - Nightbringer opening with "welcome to the reunion" and then not eagerly relaying info about the previous rendition of the game

If someone wants to chat, I'll refresh this tab regularly throughout the rereading/catchup
    dude, I left to go get lunch during that and came back to read, I don't see how leaving for 40 minutes to do irl duties is lurking lmao, seems strawmanning to me if you ask me.

Rvs vote moment

Is it not normal on this site to vote rvs and not think about it much early? Why would I have a need to voice my opinion on Gikkle's vote when no one has had any proper discussion at that time nor have any real reads?
    I write lore

36. ISO #136

Ah yea, the multiquotes... You have to go back and untick them manually. Yes, it is somewhat annoying, sorry xD. Someday and soonTM, it shall be improved, but it's still better than being stuck with the quotes forever :P

(In case it wasn't clear, "silly" wasn't meant as an insult or whatever, sorry if it was ambiguous lol)

I don't think the fact it wasn't his first post really matters at all. At that point in the game, I didn't expect anyone to come up with an... exhaustive push against anyone else. Note that I'm not saying he's necessarily innocent, just that I doubt his post means much.
    please don't be scum ewian or i will probably look bad for "defending you"

What is...

XD wow
    Dw, I'm often a common mislynch d1 Im confident I can show the greenest of town shine through
    I write lore

37. ISO #137

dude, I left to go get lunch during that and came back to read, I don't see how leaving for 40 minutes to do irl duties is lurking lmao, seems strawmanning to me if you ask me.

Rvs vote moment

Is it not normal on this site to vote rvs and not think about it much early? Why would I have a need to voice my opinion on Gikkle's vote when no one has had any proper discussion at that time nor have any real reads?
    It is perfectly normal, I concur. What isn't normal, however, is to refrain from providing analyzable and meaningful thoughts. RVSing Gikkle is fine, but considering that + saying you don't really believe Brendan is your entire contribution to the game, it seems very fair to have reservations about you...

Also also, meta crunching time! https://hypixel.net/threads/mafia-ga...day-4.5674813/ you played in this game and were town (from what I could gather, at least, since you were alive at the end and town won lol). You were much more... you know, alive in that game than you are here. I don't know if it's a matter of shyness, but I generally dislike the difference I'm seeing here.

Do you have any reads? Who would you like to see chopped today and why? Etc.

Side note: I believe there may have been a little too much pizza in that game.

38. ISO #138

Dw, I'm often a common mislynch d1 Im confident I can show the greenest of town shine through
    The best part about this post is that we get to see the bird again

39. ISO #139

-vote the nightbringer
    Imo Vote Poe is looking like to me

Taffy/Brendan/Oliver

Never lynch:
    night
    power
    or mm
    today imo

Gikkle/superjack I have no thoughts on but if something changes I wouldn't mind.

That being said I think Brendan would be the vote here?

Like either way I feel like it will be telling whenever we force the Spart claim later

I don't love oliverz naked vote on night, I would expect more than that from him, some flair, or accusation.

Taffy I think just came up with the most strawman excuse to accuse someone so I am obviously biased and going to slightly sr them for that.

-vote Brendan

no hammer today iirc so this should be fine
    I write lore

40. ISO #140

It is perfectly normal, I concur. What isn't normal, however, is to refrain from providing analyzable and meaningful thoughts. RVSing Gikkle is fine, but considering that + saying you don't really believe Brendan is your entire contribution to the game, it seems very fair to have reservations about you...

Also also, meta crunching time! https://hypixel.net/threads/mafia-ga...day-4.5674813/ you played in this game and were town (from what I could gather, at least, since you were alive at the end and town won lol). You were much more... you know, alive in that game than you are here. I don't know if it's a matter of shyness, but I generally dislike the difference I'm seeing here.

Do you have any reads? Who would you like to see chopped today and why? Etc.

Side note: I believe there may have been a little too much pizza in that game.
    Just posted

Also yea, I usually rely on meta reads, I only know gikkle/oliverz here so e
    I write lore

41. ISO #141

Your removal of Brendans easy out has been noted and will benefit you tomorrow in my reads eking. Still not impressed by Oliver but it's what I expected from him no mater what alignment he is. SJ is getting higher on my focus list for tomorrow, but don't have time to deal with him today.

MM and I are on the same page and I agree that we think alike, I can tell you that neither of us trusts the other du to experience and can't get a good read on each other but we'll get a read on other people and slot each other in where there is room... Right now, for me, if it comes to it, I'd deal with MM in final 3 if we are still alive. We are both juicy night kill targets and by logic neither of us should be alive by that point. Similar thoughts on POD at this time.

Taffy was mostly talking about his avatar for the early part of the day then shifted to identifying SJ on MU, which could be useful meta info but didn't really help me. I can't honestly say I analyzed all his posts from last night, my focus was somewheres else this morning.
    I think there isn't much left that I haven't already said so I'll probably be more quiet unless something worth sayings comes up. I'm hoping that gikkle at least comes online to vote.

I'm still leaning Brendan/superjack or Brendan/eking as the scums. I need to remember that scum have a 24/7 open chat so I have to consider that one scum might be coaching the other but it rarely actually happens. Removings Brendan's get out of jail move does help a bit in ekings favor but I still have little to go on.

42. ISO #142

Imo Vote Poe is looking like to me

Taffy/Brendan/Oliver

Never lynch:
    night
    power
    or mm
    today imo

Gikkle/superjack I have no thoughts on but if something changes I wouldn't mind.

That being said I think Brendan would be the vote here?

Like either way I feel like it will be telling whenever we force the Spart claim later

I don't love oliverz naked vote on night, I would expect more than that from him, some flair, or accusation.

Taffy I think just came up with the most strawman excuse to accuse someone so I am obviously biased and going to slightly sr them for that.

-vote Brendan

no hammer today iirc so this should be fine

Taffy casually getting thrown in there
    No explanations whatsoever

Why? What is all of this? What tells us you aren't just going more or less with the consensus without any original thoughts? Is Taffy in the PoE for OMGUS reasons?

I get that you rely on meta a lot and that reading people you don't know for the most part is difficult, but the problem is, you aren't giving us matter to read you on and are instead choosing to state reads without reasons.

43. ISO #143

Like, I would love to have friendly and funny conversations with the people I've never played with, but apart from Nightbringer (and to a lesser extent, Taffy), it's a little hard to get into it because I have to beg for matter lmao

I DON'T WANNA BE A BEGGAR

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

Your removal of Brendans easy out has been noted and will benefit you tomorrow in my reads eking. Still not impressed by Oliver but it's what I expected from him no mater what alignment he is. SJ is getting higher on my focus list for tomorrow, but don't have time to deal with him today.

MM and I are on the same page and I agree that we think alike, I can tell you that neither of us trusts the other du to experience and can't get a good read on each other but we'll get a read on other people and slot each other in where there is room... Right now, for me, if it comes to it, I'd deal with MM in final 3 if we are still alive. We are both juicy night kill targets and by logic neither of us should be alive by that point. Similar thoughts on POD at this time.

Taffy was mostly talking about his avatar for the early part of the day then shifted to identifying SJ on MU, which could be useful meta info but didn't really help me. I can't honestly say I analyzed all his posts from last night, my focus was somewheres else this morning.
    I think there isn't much left that I haven't already said so I'll probably be more quiet unless something worth sayings comes up. I'm hoping that gikkle at least comes online to vote.

I'm still leaning Brendan/superjack or Brendan/eking as the scums. I need to remember that scum have a 24/7 open chat so I have to consider that one scum might be coaching the other but it rarely actually happens. Removings Brendan's get out of jail move does help a bit in ekings favor but I still have little to go on.
    2nd paragraph = good in my book, although not decisive. Not impossible to fake as scum, but it would require going somewhat deep in the town perspective imo.

Not convinced about PoD, though. He's definetly not on the same level as you here, and is slowly getting closer to SJ. In fact, I might even dislike PoD more than SJ, because PoD went in mech mode without providing ANY READS (look at his ISO). I especially dislike how he asked SJ this:
    Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    real question: do you still want to keep your vote on MM after reading his posts?
    This feels like fishing. It would be less suspicious (or even not suspicious at all) if PoD had been actively giving reads on people; this would simply look like an investigative inquiry. The utter lack of reads (but abundance of mech talk, considering the game's post count and PoD's) makes me think he's just asking a question for the sake of looking useful and/or for testing waters to see who is pushable and who isn't.
    And for what it's worth, I really doubt PoD/SJ are w/w here.

46. ISO #146

Look at you coming to my side begging others to talk. How amusing. I suspect you are piecing things about me, all I will say is unless you intend to lynch me... Just keep it to yourself and smile, you are probably correct. ; )
    The wifom... I cannot handle it, it is too powerful

you know i know you know i know you know i know you know i know

47. ISO #147

Best way to describe me is in a good cop bad cop situation, I'm the bad cop. I play aggressively and usually straight to the point, I usually skip the niceties of out of game day to day life like a football game - that would be the good cops job. I'm not trying to look towny, just trying to extract some discussion I can use later to get a read on people. I'm well aware that POD would play similar in either role, but for day 1, if I can't find scum, he wouldn't be on my cut off list. I'd most likely lean to someone who is posting things out of context that I can't get any read on at all if it came down to it.

I'm watching SJ closely myself because I too am expecting a change from him... I just don't like waiting around for that change, I want it sooner.

I find this setup quite liberating to be able to speak my mind without the fear of revealing PRs, which is usually where I keep quiet.

Considering that we already have a few people that have said they won't be very active d1 but would be more d2 isn't encouraging based on my previous experience in games... They tend to fly under the radar and make it to the endgame with minimal effort and then there isn't enough to analyze on them when it counts.
    i feel like we played in Lumis ?krc 2.4 Years ago, didn't we?
    Praise the Lord!

48. ISO #148

POD is just off my lynch list for d1 because I can't pair him with my main suspects as easily. I'd certainly reassess tomorrow with a fresh start for him. Hopefully the discussion gets to be more informative than 1 page of spam hellos, 1 page of mech talk, and half a page worth of info we can glean useful info on.

49. ISO #149

I expect town oliverz to give a reasoning for his post even if it’s flimsy , or at least an sort of confidentially I am right mentality
    I write lore

50. ISO #150

Taffy casually getting thrown in there
    No explanations whatsoever

Why? What is all of this? What tells us you aren't just going more or less with the consensus without any original thoughts? Is Taffy in the PoE for OMGUS reasons?

I get that you rely on meta a lot and that reading people you don't know for the most part is difficult, but the problem is, you aren't giving us matter to read you on and are instead choosing to state reads without reasons.
    Pretty sure I gave my reasons ? They are right there for each person in the poe
    If you are talking about townread

Night isn’t an option because of a proposed plan that inherently I don’t think scum comes up with nor would they suggest that would hinder scum

Power is town vibes and also cuz they agree with night

I think you are town because tone wise I don’t think you are scum

And no I just think taffy’s argument is hella weak
    I write lore