▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

4. ISO #54

Re: I'm Spartacus Game Thread

I've considered that outcome POD, but we would need to be really lucky for mafia to hit both town sparticus' at night if they don't claim.

If no one claims Spartacus, then it's a 2 mafia vs 7 town game with the slight variance of if we lynch a Spartacus, we won't know until the other mafia is found before we know if we got the right one.

If we all claim now, then we force the mafia to either have 1 claim Spartacus or we would have 2 that we could blindly trust and it would force the mafia to night kill those 2 people instead of possible better targets that claim slaves.

Both mafia can't claim Spartacus or it allows town to just kill all the Spartacus and win.

If only 1 mafia claims Spartacus, then we could try to focus on finding the mafia hidden in the slave claimers. Once we find him, hopefully there would be enough to analyze to determine which of the 3 Spartacus is scum, depending on how long it took will determine how many guesses we get, game will end if we guess correctly.

If we wait until 1 Spartacus dies at night until we claim, it's a 50/50 on one of them. We would have to make sure we do the math and realize if the game is still going after a certain time the mafia don't have majority because there is only 1 left. Or no one claims and we get no benefit of the setup and it's a pure 2v7.

I'm still leaning for a d2 claim and leave the n1 kill up to chance. I think the math I calculated is that the game ends at the end of d3 if we fail all 3 days. Game ends at the end of d4 if we catch 1 before that. D4 being a 2v1

My personal goal is that in the endgame 2v1, one of the 3 is a Spartacus claimer or one of the 3 is a slave claimer... Which would reduce the odds to a 50/50 chance

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    I've considered that outcome POD, but we would need to be really lucky for mafia to hit both town sparticus' at night if they don't claim.

If no one claims Spartacus, then it's a 2 mafia vs 7 town game with the slight variance of if we lynch a Spartacus, we won't know until the other mafia is found before we know if we got the right one.

If we all claim now, then we force the mafia to either have 1 claim Spartacus or we would have 2 that we could blindly trust and it would force the mafia to night kill those 2 people instead of possible better targets that claim slaves.

Both mafia can't claim Spartacus or it allows town to just kill all the Spartacus and win.

If only 1 mafia claims Spartacus, then we could try to focus on finding the mafia hidden in the slave claimers. Once we find him, hopefully there would be enough to analyze to determine which of the 3 Spartacus is scum, depending on how long it took will determine how many guesses we get, game will end if we guess correctly.

If we wait until 1 Spartacus dies at night until we claim, it's a 50/50 on one of them. We would have to make sure we do the math and realize if the game is still going after a certain time the mafia don't have majority because there is only 1 left. Or no one claims and we get no benefit of the setup and it's a pure 2v7.

I'm still leaning for a d2 claim and leave the n1 kill up to chance. I think the math I calculated is that the game ends at the end of d3 if we fail all 3 days. Game ends at the end of d4 if we catch 1 before that. D4 being a 2v1

My personal goal is that in the endgame 2v1, one of the 3 is a Spartacus claimer or one of the 3 is a slave claimer... Which would reduce the odds to a 50/50 chance
    I do agree that it would be nice to have a clear in 3p endgame. I just dunno if massclaims would help us achieve that. Would have to see what flips first.

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    scratch that, 2 spartacus wont be clear, I just forgot for a moment
    If there are 2 Spartacus in 3p, it depends if the other roman is found or not... It's either the slave claimer that is clear or Spartacus claimers. If it goes to 3p and there are 2 sparticus' left AND the Roman legionnaire has not been lynched, then we can assume both Spartacus claimers are town and the slave is scum or else the game would have ended beforehand with a scum victory if both sscum were still alive.

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

I had thought of that possibility, which also contributed to my idea of getting everyone to claim d2... If we can nail down the legionnaire, it makes all remaining slaves confirmed town if we have 3 sparticuses. Them bolstering would gain them nothing.

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Should check back in the morning... As long as I resist the temptation to check in the middle of the night if i can't sleep.

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

-vote Marshmallow Marshall
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

20. ISO #70

21. ISO #71

The biggest part of the setup that attracted me to signup was the 10 post minimum or modkill... Aka I can ignore people who don't post, and by experience I can truly say that both town and scum have an equal amount of people that go missing in a game in the past.

Now, do any of you want to pitch in the discussion POD and I have been having or shall I note your minimal effort posts as appearing to be active.

22. ISO #72

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    scumslip
    there is no town, only rebels
    PERMANENT REVOLUTION!

I exist. Hi. Brb, finding scum
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

23. ISO #73

Nightbringer checking in. I shall now judge avatars and people's reactions to avatars to base my opini.... (Sees Martin giving me an evil glare)
    I mean welcome all to the reunion game!
    lol I like you. You may or may not be Roman scum, but I like you. Is this your first comeback to FM from like a decade ago, or have you played (maybe elsewhere) in the meantime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Yours is too small on my screen

When was the previous Spartacus game? Also who won?
    As far as I know, never. Pretty sure Martin just made the setup. There have been Roman-themed games in the past (such as one about Jesus and Pilate or something), but that was before my time, which means it does not exist ;)
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I vote we set this one on fire.

(hears the mention of Mafia Universe)
    Hmmm... I wonder if I've crossed you there myself. And before you ask, no, I won't be revealing who I am there.
    Oh, thank you for answering my question before I even asked it: you do play on MU, and recently, at that, since you can wonder about SJ! Well well well, how interesting. I can then move to the second part of my reasoning already; how fortuitous.
    Ah excellent! An instant reaction, votes with minimal effort and nothing more. In the interest of provoking you and to getting more reactions from others to form a baseline for analysis later, I hereby declare that I don't like you, Gikkle.
    Would it also be in the interest of being seen as an active scumhunter, perchance? I feel like explicitly saying "I am doing this to get a reaction out of you!" is only going to lead to carefully-planned, unnatural reactions. Had you been a rusty old man, I would have accepted it on account of "discussing with yourself" about how the game is played, but this seems to be irrelevant here. Nightbringer, I accuse thee of attempting to gain towncred over actually finding scum!

-vote The Nightbringer

26. ISO #76

Okay heres my thoughts: We may want mafia to kill spartacus unintentionally then we know those are real spartacus upon flips. Prob best to not claim until later in game. If we decide to have 2 town spartacus claim, and mafia does not counterclaims, then they are the first two to die. We kinda want to avoid that.

IMO: if mafia decide to claim Spartacus early, town spartacus shouldnt CC at all, and if they get nightkilled, it actually out the mafia spartacus.

Thats pretty much the only setup spec I have, not much else to go on.
    Correct. The 2 town Spartacus - 1 scum Spartacus ratio was designed specifically to prevent massclaim putting wolves in boxes from the start of D1. Claimers will taste of my gladius (which was very illegally stolen from Romans, by the way. VIVA LA REVOLUCION!)

also do get better pod even if brendan is saying it as a way to have posted apparently, he probably means it, right? Riiiiiight, Brendan?

27. ISO #77

Still waiting to hear from MM, he's the last person that hasn't posted yet. Based on his past posting times, I expect to hear from him in the next 4 hours.
    Oho, if you're going to base yourself on my past posting times, you're in for a wild ride, because my schedule is... complicated, let's say; nonexistent could be another word. I will be here when I will be here - but I will definetly be here. Worry not, I shall not be modkilled (@ your post about being happy that inactives will be smitten).

Get MM for not posting
    Get SJ for being mean

28. ISO #78

I attempt to get people talking before I seriously start looking for scum, based on content, I decide if people are just posting to say that they are posting like SJ and Brendan or actually trying to contribute something like POD and yourself MM. So far I'm looking at the various scenarios this game could lead to and how to react accordingly.

Based on what I've seen so far, I like MM and POD, dislike SJ and Brendan and don't have enough to look at for the others

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

I attempt to get people talking before I seriously start looking for scum, based on content, I decide if people are just posting to say that they are posting like SJ and Brendan or actually trying to contribute something like POD and yourself MM. So far I'm looking at the various scenarios this game could lead to and how to react accordingly.

Based on what I've seen so far, I like MM and POD, dislike SJ and Brendan and don't have enough to look at for the others
    SJ always does that in the early D1. And by "doing that", I mean being cool xD. I however expect him to start being useful about... right now, considering some things have been said. As for Brendan, idk. He always looked like a trolly guy to me, so I can't say I'm surprised lol, but I also don't think there's any relevant, non-outdated meta to be had on him. Therefore... well, he's not someone I would be sad to see going, but he still has time to do something. I don't really like him either, though.
    (Also, mech is mech. It's cool, but it's generally not alignment indicative, especially in the early game. PoD is being fine, but I wouldn't really expect him to play different as scum right now, so meh.)

Regarding yourself: I still think it's strange to try and generate talks that will necessarily be closely watched by your interlocutor right out of the gate, hence my preference for the "i want to look towny, look at meeeeee" hypothesis. That said, I'm also obviously not going to have you hanged for this only lol, and you are at least driving the discussion forward, which I appreciate.

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

Best way to describe me is in a good cop bad cop situation, I'm the bad cop. I play aggressively and usually straight to the point, I usually skip the niceties of out of game day to day life like a football game - that would be the good cops job. I'm not trying to look towny, just trying to extract some discussion I can use later to get a read on people. I'm well aware that POD would play similar in either role, but for day 1, if I can't find scum, he wouldn't be on my cut off list. I'd most likely lean to someone who is posting things out of context that I can't get any read on at all if it came down to it.

I'm watching SJ closely myself because I too am expecting a change from him... I just don't like waiting around for that change, I want it sooner.

I find this setup quite liberating to be able to speak my mind without the fear of revealing PRs, which is usually where I keep quiet.

Considering that we already have a few people that have said they won't be very active d1 but would be more d2 isn't encouraging based on my previous experience in games... They tend to fly under the radar and make it to the endgame with minimal effort and then there isn't enough to analyze on them when it counts.

33. ISO #83

I would say I kinda expected Brendan to play this way regardless of alignment.
    Same thoughts as me. As I mentioned in post 36 ish. Which is my problem, he has fulfilled his 10 post minimum for the day and I'm no further ahead in getting a read on him... He's more likely to survive to endgame without anyone questioning it. I want to push him to say something more than all the out of game day to day life.

34. ISO #84

Same thoughts as me. As I mentioned in post 36 ish. Which is my problem, he has fulfilled his 10 post minimum for the day and I'm no further ahead in getting a read on him... He's more likely to survive to endgame without anyone questioning it. I want to push him to say something more than all the out of game day to day life.
    I usually go after unreadable players if I do not have scumreads to go after. Atm too many people here havent really put much effort in yet.

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

Quick question: Whats stopping mafia from just not claiming Spartacus at all? They could claim to be a slave and it would be a much safer play for them no?
    I write lore

38. ISO #88

Quote Originally Posted by ewianking View Post
    Quick question: Whats stopping mafia from just not claiming Spartacus at all? They could claim to be a slave and it would be a much safer play for them no?
    It would force mafia to night kill the 2 Spartacus claimers, which might not be ideal people to kill at night, for example if someone like Brendan who we don't have a read on was a sparticus, it lets us not focus on trying to figure out his alignment. Based on my calculations, mafia might only get 3 night kills in this game, it would corner them to not having a choice for 2 of those 3 kills.

39. ISO #89

It would force mafia to night kill the 2 Spartacus claimers, which might not be ideal people to kill at night, for example if someone like Brendan who we don't have a read on was a sparticus, it lets us not focus on trying to figure out his alignment. Based on my calculations, mafia might only get 3 night kills in this game, it would corner them to not having a choice for 2 of those 3 kills.
    ah ic
    I write lore

40. ISO #90

Care to elaborate? On both why you think I'm town and your new vote.
    because you're trying to cheese the setup in a way that's >rand town

and you talked about leaving rvs in a tone that was also >rand town

no better reason really

also taffy because they had a non controversial entrance

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

46. ISO #96

Considering that we already have a few people that have said they won't be very active d1 but would be more d2 isn't encouraging based on my previous experience in games... They tend to fly under the radar and make it to the endgame with minimal effort and then there isn't enough to analyze on them when it counts.
    yeah sorry about that i'm not usually one to lowpost, this game just started slightly sooner than I would have liked (still signed up because I wanted it to get to 9 players)

i can promise i won't be under the radar after today though lol

47. ISO #97

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Would it also be in the interest of being seen as an active scumhunter, perchance? I feel like explicitly saying "I am doing this to get a reaction out of you!" is only going to lead to carefully-planned, unnatural reactions. Had you been a rusty old man, I would have accepted it on account of "discussing with yourself" about how the game is played, but this seems to be irrelevant here. Nightbringer, I accuse thee of attempting to gain towncred over actually finding scum!

-vote The Nightbringer
    he's trying to produce content that's analyzable, i don't see that as a bad thing

48. ISO #98

Dude it's been like half a century how on earth can anyone remember how I play
    I maybe should read the setup lol.
    I'm in bed so not gonna make effoot now. But I'm gonna kick ass in the morning. 2 scum should be easy to find.
    We're just trying to decide how much of a grace period we give you on your low effort. I'll hold you to your word about being useful in the morning, I expect more from you. And yes we DO remember certain players playstyles, especially if we've played in the past.

49. ISO #99

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    yeah sorry about that i'm not usually one to lowpost, this game just started slightly sooner than I would have liked (still signed up because I wanted it to get to 9 players)

i can promise i won't be under the radar after today though lol
    mmmm we'll see gikkle we'll see.
    I write lore

50. ISO #100