S-FM: I'm Spartacus, Annual Reunion Edition
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM: I'm Spartacus, Annual Reunion Edition

S-FM: I'm Spartacus!
    Annual reunion game...?

NOTE: I will not list nor count your /sign or /in if I don't know your discord account info, as this game will be run with a discord hub for convenient and effective host/player communication. We have a (general) FM discord here where you can easily find my account of the same name.

[Setup link here]

Start Date: September 7th (night 0), September 8th (day 1).
    Phase Length: 48 hours for day, 24 for night Edit: This is still the intent, but since I got an internship things got a bit tricky. See here for a theoretical schedule.
    SoD/EoD: 3 PM, east US coast. Timestamps will be provided in the discord hub which will automatically show the exact time in your timezone for phase changes.
    Additional notes outside of the setup:

On day 1 the voting system will be plurality only (i.e. elimination occurs at end of day with most votes). After day 1 majority (i.e. hammer) will be enabled alongside plurality for the rest of the game.

Ties are decided by RNGjesus, which will be funny if Jesus offs the Romans in a tie.

Minimum of 10 posts per day phase. I don't care how much or how little effort you put into those posts -- so long as posts were made.

Disciplinary process for failure to meet minimum post requirement (experience has told us that a crystal-clear predictable process is important):
    Spoiler : process :

1. Did a mid-day hammer occur?
    1a. Yes -> Subject to host's discretion. If it happened before the first half of a day phase, the rule will likely be waived/ignored for everyone for simplicity's sake. If not, the rule will be applied based on how much time has elapsed and how many posts were made by the min post violator(s).
    1b. No -> Go to step 2.
    2. Did the violation occur on Day 1?
    2a. Yes -> Private warning and requirement to make a minimum of 20 posts on Day 2 and, if failing that as well, go to step 2b.
    2b. No -> Automatic modkill -- past games have shown a lackluster pool of replacements and ineffective warnings beyond day 1 so unfortunately modkill is necessary.

If a modkill for violating the minimum post rule occurs, then the flip occurs at the same time that the modkill did.

Setup may be changed if we have a less than full playercount. Full details were just posted here.

Players: (Re-confirmed as of September 2nd)
    1. Marshmallow Marshall
    2. SuperJack
    3. Oliverz144
    4. Brendan
    5. The Nightbringer
    6. powerofdeath
    7. ewianking
    8. Taffy
    9. Gikkle

Replacements:

None! We're not going to have replacements for the game. Either commit or don't.

Observers / Spectators:

Zedus
    Varcron
    Last edited by MartinGG99; September 3rd, 2024 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Updates.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM: I'm Spartacus, Annual Reunion Edition

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

/sign
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    /sign

This has peeked my interest enough for me to sign up, now to see if we reach the required amount of people before start time.
    @The Nightbringer

I've put your name down for now, but you'll need to inform me of your discord account before I let you fully /sign

No discord account = no sign, as per the OP.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by ewianking View Post
    /sign
    Totally not here for weird reasons
    Uh discord name should be same as my username - the king part
    Thanks for signing up!

Just sidenote I will be checking in with people sometime soon (likely before end of weekend) to see if they're still committed. Depending on how things look I will be announcing the alternative setup that we will use if the game doesn't fill by the deadline. Most likely either a version with 2 mafia/wolves that are notably nerfed in some way or a setup with a solo evil.

Regardless of how that plays out, I will soon have to announce some mild addendums to SoD/EoD because I just recently got my first internship (while also being a college student), which makes having a consistent hour every single day where I can dedicate to the game tricky. I will always have some time for the game, but that time potentially changes from day to day. Hence, hypothetical example of what I mean: if SoD occurs on X or Y day of the week, I'll have to delay it by 2 hours.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; August 29th, 2024 at 12:52 AM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by broken_clock View Post
    /join
    my discord username is broken_clock23
    Tentatively adding you to the list. Please check site PMs or discord PMs, which I will be sending in a few minutes.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

17. ISO #17

I don't think I can commit but I'd love to /observe if possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

I've now got responses from everyone, everyone is still confirmed and no one drops out (except for one player who previously specified them dropping out if game does not fill). Thanks to everyone with their quick responses!

Regarding the alternative setup: For people willing to stay in if we do not fill, people only specified either having no preference or a preference for having a game with 2 (nerfed) wolves.

Given that only one person could drop out, we at minimum we will have 6 or 7 players (if we get 1 more) OR the game just fills. Which honestly makes having 2 wolves the most sense too -- I just asked in case more people would drop out if we would not fill.

If we get one more sign (and not fill), i.e. have 7 players, the simplest option might be to re-balance the Spartacus setup with something like "Mafia cannot kill on the second night" since the game will be missing only one town player. That may not be a perfect solution, because the missing player will never get to do their own digging and express their views, but losing the 2nd night kill may be more impactful against the romans (given the 2nd night kill may be more circumstantially important) than losing the 1st night kill and hopefully that evens things out more.

As for 6 player Spartacus, I may have to do a more customized overhaul of how the Romans operate. I don't know what that would be currently, but removing all the nightkills may not be enough in the town's favor given the limited length of the game with just eliminations alone and hence alternative approach. Perhaps some sort of circumstantial buff for the town or circumstantial nerf for the romans or something else. It gets tricky to balance smaller games while also not making them swingy.

Regarding potential SoD/EoD changes:

Essentially, I either leave work (internship) at 5pm at latest or leave for my college classes by 4pm at earliest depending on the day -- with no single day (except bi-monthly Thursdays) having both work and class. So ultimately there is no consistently "open" timing for me. That said, my official start date is a bit up in the air currently (my manager and I are waiting on other parts of the organization) and I might also be able to maneuver my lunch breaks into occurring around this time. So its possible that there may not be much disruption. However, I don't like making promises on possibilities. Hence,

Theoretical (unconfirmed, subject to change) schedule of the game, from the perspective of East US Coast:

Any abnormal phase lengths or changes will likely be noted either when night begins or Day begins. This is also assuming the game even lasts the full length.

Sept 7-8, (Night 0, starts early with an extension because I got invited to a one-time event)
    Sept 8-10, (Day 1 -- will attempt to close thread at EoD but may be delayed)
    Sept 10-11, (Night 1 -- There will be a shorter night if I cannot close Day 1 at EoD)
    Sept 11-13, (Day 2 -- If I am not working remote, will likely be same as Day 1)
    Sept 13-14, (Night 2 -- Same as night 1 if Day 2 goes in a similar manner)
    Sept 14-16, (Day 3 -- Completely normal! Yay!)
    Sept 16-18 (Night 3 -- 24 hour extension, its just simpler that way)
    Sept 18-20 (Day 4 -- will likely be normal since I will likely be remote, but if not then same as previous days)
    Night 4 and beyond -- Game is still going??????

You can always ask me for details about the future during the game, and I will share what I know and whether it is confirmed.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; September 2nd, 2024 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Grammatical changes.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Now also with my own account
    Haha, welcome glad you're joining us!
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    /in
    ....annnd that looks like the last sign!

Nice. I'll get around to setting up the main discord server soon, so we all can have discord timestamps on stuff. The specific start time of Night 0 is unknown, but it'll likely be in the morning of Saturday and will last till 3 PM (again, timestamps will be in the discord) on Sunday.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

While we're all waiting for the game to start, I thought it might be fun to gather thoughts on what avatar I should go with. Would you all rather play with:

A. Baby Potoo

B. Nevermind Walrus

or

C. Silly Fruit Bat

Images attachées Images attachées

27. ISO #27

While we're all waiting for the game to start, I thought it might be fun to gather thoughts on what avatar I should go with. Would you all rather play with:

A. Baby Potoo

B. Nevermind Walrus

or

C. Silly Fruit Bat

XD they are truly hilarious

I, for one, vote for A.

28. ISO #28

A. Baby Potoo

B. Nevermind Walrus

or

C. Silly Fruit Bat

A,C,B in that order
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

29. ISO #29

Since I'm about to start Night 0 early, which means roles sent out, I got to lock the thread to minimize any absurd solving based on people's reactions to Taffy's assortment of proposed avatars. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

But seriously though its just me having a tendency to be excessively formal at times.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

30. ISO #30

Some notes for the next reunion game we do:

1 - After some discussion, we're planning to make the game next year a lot more centric to Sc2Mafia and its identity. More flavor and relevance rather than a random setup we decided to make.

2 - We'll also be likely aiming for a larger player count than 9. This allows for greater possibilities and variety in setup design.

3 - We'll be aiming to be sometime during the summer of 2025 rather than September (perhaps signups opening in late may / early June and game start sometime mid/late July). Though most of our veteran players are not college students, I will still be at that time so it will be easier to host during the summer and frankly if happen to need more players then this could be appealing.

There may be other notes I had, but I dont have them off the top of my head. Basically we're going to put more thought and effort into next year's game as compared to this year. This year the idea was suggested and we just haphazardly made a setup and a time. Next year we'll be more prepared.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"